It has been observed that some of the Aadhar Card Number that has been received has some incorrect information in them. This article would be focusing on updating or correcting your aadhar card Name or Surname or Both through offline and online mode. Also it will let you know how to check your updated name change request status.
Reasons why Your Name or Surname is incorrect in your Aadhar Card
- You might have made the mistake of typing your name or surname incorrect while filling up the aadhar card form
- The person who is responsible for uploading the data from your form might have made this mistake
- You are now married and want to change your surname.
- You are a divorcee and want to change your surname.
All of the above case will land you in this problem. But updating such kind of information is not that tough these days.
Procedure to Update or correct Name or Surname in Aadhar Card Online
- Please follow this link and fill up the form. (You will have to fill the form in English as well as your native language)
- Upload all the required documents before submitting this form
- Please note the Aadhar Card Update Request Number (URN) that the system has generated after you have submitted your request. This URN number will help you to check your update request.
You can wait for some 15 working days and check the status of your request using the URN generated at the time of submission. Procedure to check your update status is mentioned in this post below.
Procedure to Update or correct Name or Surname in Aadhar Card Offline i.e. through Indian Post.
If you are not well versed with the online system then you can use the tradition way of changing your name or surname in your aadhar card though this offline system
- Please download this update aadhar data form
- Fill the form in both English and your local language, the local language should be same as you had filled it at the time of applying your aadhar card.
- Fill all the English fields in the form in Capital Letters
- Self attest all the required documents and write your aadhar card number on each document
- Keep the filled form and documents in an envelope. Write “ Aadhaar Update/Correction” on the top of the envelope.
- Post this envelope on this address. You will receive a receipt of your application with URN number through post in some days. You can use that URN number to check the status of your request.
Address of UID officeUnique Identification Authority of India Planning Commission Government of India 3rd Floor, Tower II Jeevan Bharati Building Connaught Circus New Delhi – 110001
Procedure to check the status of updating your Name or Surname in your Aadhar card
- Please follow this link
- Enter your aadhar Number and URN. Then press the submit button.
Other Useful Information That you may like to read
- What is Pahal DBTL LPG Subsidy? How can you apply for LPG Subsidy Online
- How can you apply for your passport Online
- What is Jan Dhan Yojana. How can you benefit out of it.
- How can you check your epf balance online