Telangana Announces ePASS Postmatric Scholarships for 2015-2016
Telangana government has announced a new scholarship program for students who freshly apply for postmatric education. Named as ePASS Postmatric Scholarship, this program will be applicable for any fresh registration that takes place for academic year 2015-2016. Those students who are willing to apply for this scholarship program need to do so through this link by 30th October, 2015. Registration option will be closed after that date.
However, in order to apply for the ePASS Postmatric Scholarship program, students need to satisfy a set of conditions. Failure to comply will mean that registration will not be accepted. Here are the set of requirements that the students need to fulfill in order to qualify for the scholarship program:
- Application for can be accessed only on providing the pass type (i.e. regular pass, CBSE pass, supplement pass etc.), pass year and hall ticket number of SSC.
- Aadhar number of the applicant is essential. In case the student has not yet applied for Aadhar Card, he or she may do so through the closest enrollment center. However, it is unlikely that applying for the Aadhar Card at this point in time will be beneficial enough. Also, in case the student has already applied for Aadhar Card but has not received it yet, he or she needs to use the enrollment number to find out the Aadhar Card status.
- Meeseva Centre issued caste certificate.
- Meeseva Centre issued income certificate. The certificate must have been issued after 1st April, 2015.
- Student must have a savings bank account with a Nationalized Bank. For EBC students, bank account is not necessary.
- A working mobile number is to be provided for OTP (one-time password). This phone number should belong to the student or any family member of the student.
- The educational institute from which the student belongs needs to issue a Bonafide Certificate. However, there is a condition. The student needs to be studying at the institution for a minimum of 7 years without any break.
- Students applying for CET courses need to provide CET allotment number. CET stands for Common Entrance Test.
- College principal needs to take care of admission of intermediate students on the online portal known as Board of Intermediate Education. Intermediate students who are not admitted to the BIE portal will not be denied ePASS registration.
- Those who register for ePASS Postmatric Scholarship under the FRESH section cannot expect immediate approval. Registrations will be accepted only when university registrars provide college confirmations. Also, not all students will be granted the scholarship. Some registrations may be cancelled depending on merit score.
- In case a student shows a gap in study, it has to be on medical grounds. The student needs to provide the residence address during the period of discontinuity and it has to match with what the MRO has provided. This will help in determining whether the candidate is a local or outstation candidate.
Documents that are to be provided during registration
For ‘FRESH’ registrations for ePASS Postmatric Scholarship, the following documents are to be provided in scanned format:
- Student’s Aadhar Card
- Recent color photo – passport sized.
- Nationalized bank’s passbook’s first page. This page needs to contain the following information: (a) name of the person holding the account, (b) the exact account number, (c) name of the branch of the nationalized bank where the account has been created and (d) the address of the branch where the account has been created. EBC students are not required to provide this document.
- Bonafide certificate.
- CET allotment order.
Failure to provide any one of the mandatory documents will lead to cancellation of the registration application. Also, unless otherwise mentioned, the online application will not allow students to apply after the last date. The system has been designed to prevent registrations after the last date.