Speed Post Tracking of my Passport
Applied for passport? That’s a wise decision you made. Even if you don’t intend to travel abroad using the passport, you can actually use it as document for your identity, your nationality and your address. It is in fact, one of the most widely accepted documents in whole Republic of India and why not? Passport issuance is subject to extremely stringent security checks and verifications. A slight loss of confidence and the passport authority will immediately decline your passport application.
Now that you are actually looking for the methods or steps for tracking the Speed Post status of your Passport, it simply means that you have cleared all verifications and security steps. Well, instead of wasting time any further in useless tidbits, let us take a look at the steps that you need to follow speed post track of passport. Here is what you need to do:
- Open your SMS that has the details for the passport dispatch date as well as the registration number for the postal service.
- Visit the official website of India Post here.
- On the top red colored menu bar of the website you will notice a menu item called Premium Products. Hover your mouse cursor on it.
- A dropdown submenu will open with the first option as Speed Post. Click on it.
- Once you click on Speed Post, you will be taken to a new page that automatically opens in a new tab.
- On the new page you will see the EMS SPEEDPOST logo. Right under the logo is a link which reads ‘Track Item’.
- Click on the ‘Track Item’ link. If you can’t find the link, just click here.
- Clicking on the Track Item link will take you to the new page where you can track your passport delivery status. You will see a small form on the page.
- The first field will as for Item No. This is where you need to put the 9-digit registration number you received by SMS. However, note that you need to add a prefix as well as a suffix to the registration number. The prefix will be ‘EE’ and the suffix will be ‘IN’. So, if the registration number is say, 658147329, you need to enter the following as the item no.: EE658147329IN.
- Once you provide the item no., you need to fill in the security captcha image that you see on the screen in the next field. The captcha is an image and hence, attempts to copying and pasting will be futile. You need to manually type in whatever you see on the image.
- Once you fill in the captcha field, click on the red colored button which reads ‘Track’.
Now you can see the status of the passport. In case you have entered the registration number incorrectly, you will see a message which will clearly say that the details of the consignment were not found. In case you think that you entered a wrong number in previous attempt, click on Track More button and you will reach the same form again. Repeat steps 9 to 11 but make sure that you enter the details properly.