Government launches Online Cancer Treatment Tutorials for Rural Doctors
The first of its kind Initiative taken by the government, it has announced the launch of online Tutorial training facility for the treatment of Cancer patients. The services have been launched with an aim to help train and develop the skills of Rural Resident Doctors. Under the new initiative the government’s aims at helping rural doctors detect, treat, rehabilitate, palliate and prevent cancer in its early stage itself.
- As per the recommendations made by the government it has approached the Mumbai based Tata Memorial Hospital – Renowned Cancer Hospital, to offer assistance to the government in initiating this training drive.
- The online training program will be organized by the government in collaboration with Tata Hospital in the form of online course for Doctors in small villages and towns.
- The entire process of implementation of the training program and course will be offered by the government via online portal services.
According to the sources the entire program for training is only valid for beneficiaries residing in small towns and villages. Under the eligibility criteria, the beneficiary needs to be a dentist, gynaecologists, health professionals and physicians who lack oncology specialization but will prove helpful in detecting cancer in its early stages.
- As per the statements made by the government health care departments the entire course has been prepared for implementation for the duration of seven weeks.
- During the course the candidates will be offered with training via online video sessions that will be prepared by the professionals to help develop skills of oncologists.
- The government has made it clear that the 40 video sessions would last for about 14 hours that will be distributed in a period of 7 weeks will offer candidates with complete guidelines for cancer management.
- The lectures will also offer candidates with complete in-depth case studies along with questionnaires and answers that will be delivered by professionals from Tata hospital using the latest Webinar facilities.
- Using the latest implementation in the science field it is expected that the young and rural doctors will be able to develop their skills so they are efficient in offering with best services and care to the patients suffering from cancer.
According to the government the above mentioned initiative will prove helpful in saving lives of many people in rural areas who do not have access to big hospitals and health care centers in Cities.
Other Schemes –