Deendayal Thali in Nagpur – Food at just 10rs
Deendayal Thali has started in Nagpur Government Medical College and Hospital recently. According to this facility patients and their family members who travel a long way to visit the hospital for treatments will get food at cheaper rates. The Yuva Zep Pratishthan has started this food facility in Government Medical College and Hospital.
On 16th Dec 2017, the Yuva Zep Pratishthan has announced about the scheme. It was first started with the help of Sandip Joshi, at Gorakshan Sabha. The main reason behind starting up this scheme is to follow the path of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. He was one of the leading men in India, have taken many initiatives to help the needy people. He never left any stone unturned to lend a hand to a poor person. This scheme will be able to feed thousands of poor people coming to the hospital for their treatment.
Key Features of the scheme
- Need for the scheme: There are many people who come to hospitals from remote areas for treatments. But due to lack of financial stability they are unable to have food or stay at decent places. Most of them have to survive on roads and without food. Deendayal Thali will be a solution to this problem.
- Cheap Food: The patients and their family members will be able to get food (thali) at just Rs. 10/- for each. It will offer a full plate meal for a day.
- Value of Food: According to the initial rules, the food was supposed to distribute free of cost. However a minimum cost has been added to make people understand that food should not wasted. In case of free food, many people waste them.
- Health campaigns: According to the state ministry cheap canteen services should start in many places along with health campaign. It is necessary for the poor people to check on their nutrition level as it is their fundamental right.
- Donations and Implementation: In Government Medical College and Hospital, kitchen area has been made. An extensive are will be used to prepare this meal for the needy people. Many entrepreneurs and other biggies in the state have donated hand full of money to initiate the project.
- Beneficiaries: Poor people who travel a long way for any treatment, especially long term treatments will be the beneficiaries of this scheme. They will be able to get full course meal for two times at much cheaper price.
The initiative is taken to feed many starved people. Also the rate has been decided to avoid misuse of food. To stop wasting of food by many people, the minimum rate has been levied on a full course meal under deendayal thali system.
Other Schemes –
- Commercial rental income above Rs 20 lakh will attract GST
- Mukhaya Mantri Jan Awaas Yojana Rajasthan