Uchhatar Avishkar Yojana Guidelines
With a vision to promote new technology of an advanced order, which directly influences the requirements of the industries/ Industry improving the aggressive edge of sixth Indian manufacturing summit, some guidelines were settled on in the Indian Institute of Technology Council conference on Octobers 2015,
The subsequent guidelines given below have been granted to consider outcome-oriented and industry-sponsored projects of research:
- To encourage new technologies in areas, which are straightforwardly of significance to design as well as manufacturing industries.
- To encourage innovative frame of mind in the faculty as well as students in premier institutes of technology
- To convey a synchronized action between the industry and academia.
- To reinforce the research facilities and laboratories in the premier institutes of technology.
- To possess result oriented research financing.
The method would be relevant to the research projects planned by the IITs at first. The projects ought to have association between the industry as well as academia – outside or within India.
- Proposals of the Projects:
The projects within this program ought to have the subsequent important features:
- A project ought to have been instigated by Industries/ Industry or in cooperation by the Institute as well as Industry.
- The project ought to address a precise requirement of the industries/ industry and there ought to be apparent expected results from the venture.
- In general, it will be anticipated that the venture will result in registering for a patent/copyright.
- Minimum 25 percent of the venture cost ought to be provided by the industries/ Industry before the venture being started.
- The venture ought to have been thought of and accepted by the inner approval members of the institute.
- The ventures ought to be shown on the website of IIT Council for which Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur will arrange special preparations.
- All ventures that are received prior to the 15th February every year will be eligible for financing in the subsequent monetary year.
- Components of the Projects:
- The proposal of project is able to cover
- The expenditure of employing quality manpower (in case not available in the institution).
- Price of the procuring vital equipment if not obtainable.
- Consumables/ Maintenance and the entire such expenditure, which is required to execute the researches.
- Price of consultations/ collaboration needed for the venture.
- Only 30 percent institutional charges.
- Financing of the Projects:
- While there’ll be no limitation on the size of the project, the overall yearly investment will be restricted to 250 Cr rupees per year.
- Each item, which is required for the venture will required to be vindicated. The following are the pattern of funding for the projects chosen:
- 25 percent by industries/ Industry
- 25 percent by the participating Ministry/ Department.
- 50 percent by the Ministry of Human Resource & Development.
- Approvals of the Projects:
- All the projects, which are proposed by February 15 every year are eligible for financing in the coming monetary year only.
- An unique Project Approval Committee working under the Secretary of Deptt. of Science & Technology in addition to the partaking Department/ Ministry would consider the proposals of projects first (subsequent to examining and reviewing the proposals) after 15th March every year.
- The rundown of chosen projects will be publicized in the final week of March every year.
- Monitoring and Releases:
- The project financing will be provided in 2 and half yearly installments, the first in the month of April then the next in the month of October every year.
- The financing under this program will be in addition to the standard plan financing given to the institute.
- There ought to be a 6 months observation on the development in the projects all through October as well as February every year. This’ll be performed by the inter-ministerial board made especially for this reason.
These rules will be applied in immediate effect furthermore the ventures for financing in 2016-17 will be forwarded for consideration prior to Feb 15, 2016.
Guidelines In Short
|Serial Number||Project working region||Guidelines|
|A||Initialization of Project||The project initialization will be done by the IITs itself with the corporation of a co-operating industry.|
|B||Study of Practicability||To work on the projected result of the venture and estimate its practicability.|
|C||Bearing of Project cost||The utmost expenditure will be accepted by the institution. The c-operating industry will invest around quarter of the expenditure.|
|D||Project Sanction||A unique panel from Kanpur IIT will be accountable for the sanction of all the projects.|
|E||Project Grant||To financially support these unique ventures in the subsequent monetary year, these must be proposed on or ahead of 15th February.|