Tri-NETRA System in Trains Implemented by Indian Railways to prevent train accidents
Tri-NETRA – Terrain imaging for diesel Drivers- Infra-red Enhanced Optical and Radar Assisted system. One of the more innovative technology of Indian Railway which are to be implemented in Indian trains in order to avoid train accidents. With this advance security system, now locomotive drivers able to get clear image over the rail irrespective to the environmental condition.
TRI-NETRA system is made up of high sensitivity infra-red video camera, high-resolution optical video camera and in addition a radar-based terrain mapping method. The system will be installed on trains for improving the visualization of locomotive pilots in snowy weather.
Working Nature of Tri-NETRA
Tri-NETRA is primarily designed to see the environment ahead of running train during inclement weather. Technology used in Tri-NETRA captures the images of terrain and combine the images to create a merged video image for the visualization of train driver on a computer monitor. It helps the locomotive pilots to face weather challenges and to spot any obstacle on the track in an effective manner.
Significant features of the Tri-NETRA system
- Tri-NETRA system will be very helpful for locomotive drivers during rain, fog and nights. Due to this system, train drivers don’t need to look persistently outside the locomotive to examine the climatic conditions.
- The system makes use of radar and infrared technology to gather signals up to a remoteness of 2 to 3 km and exhibits the information in the form of video image on a screen fixed inside the train.
- This all new innovated security system alerts driver, if any physical obstacle found on rail tracts. In addition, it offers enough time for drivers to apply brake respective to the train speed.
|Who proposed Tri-NETRA Systems||Railway Board|
|Who Developed Tri-NETRA Systems||Development Cell under the guidance of Member Mechanical, Railway Board|
|Suppliers Maintenance Period||10 Years|
|Who responsible for inspecting Tri-NETRA System||Ministry of Railway (or) any other it’s nominated representatives.|
|Warranty period of Tri-NETRA System||36 Months from Date of Supply (or) 30 Months from the date of commissioning.|
|Technologies that can be adopted by System||LASER based, RADAR based, OPTICAL based, IR based.|
|System’s Storage Capacity||15 Days|
|Accuracy of Tri-NETRA System||+5M or -5M|
Enthusiastic response and interests
The perception of Tri-NETRA system was urbanized by Development Cell under the assistance of Member Mechanical, Railway Board. The system is based on expertise engaged by fighter aircrafts to vision through clouds and works in pitch darkness and also based on the system followed on ships for navigating during night. Apart from that the concept of Tri-NETRA system was developed similar to the one carried by navy for scanning and mapping the ocean floor. In literal, this type of advanced security systems that Indian railway planning to implement in all loco trains is not available in any advanced railway board.
- When the Indian Railway Board published this new concept in locomotives, there has been very passionate reaction to this expression of interest.
- Most of the companies from USA, Israel, Austria and Finland have stated their interests in creating such a system.
- Safety Experts across the nation believes that by implementing this all new improved security systems in all Indian rails would reduce rail accidents in large numbers.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016