Train Tatkal Booking Timing for AC and Sleeper Class (SL)
Indian Railway have this special quota, called Tatal System, in which they reserve some Train Births for the people who have not planned the tickets before and are ready to pay more and book tickets a day prior to the travel date. Almost everybody in India knows that Booking train tickets at tatkal time is a war. Irctc site is the most used web site at this time in the world.
Are you not able to book tatkal quota sleeper tickets? it is because railways have now changed the Tatkal Travel time window in 2 parts. Booking tickets in Tatkal AC would now start at 10 AM and end at 11 AM. Sleeper class Tatkal booking timing would now be from 11 AM to 12 Noon. These train timings are effective today ie 15th June 2015
|1AC, 2AC,3AC and AC CC||Sleeper (SL) and non AC CC|
|Tatkal Timing from 15th June||From 10 AM||From 11 AM|
This is the first time when Indian railways have divided the time slot of Tatkal tickets for AC and Non AC class. This move has come as a surprise to most of the users but will surely help the online system with some relief. Now the traffic of Train Tatkal booking would be divided making the system smooth and fast.
There is one more change that has happened now if you cancel your Tatkal ticket you would get back 50% of amount back, initially 25% used to come back. This will surely be a relief to most of us booking Tatkal ticket.
AC and Sleeper Tatkal Charges
We all have a habit of planning our travels well in advance. However, there are times when we could not book our rail tickets within time or plan our travel urgently and in those moments the only option we are left with is the Tatkal train booking. The Tatkal service of ticketing from IRCTC is a little costly, however the feeling of getting a reservation at the last hours compensates for the extra money that we pay.
What exactly is a Tatkal reservation scheme?
Tatkal service is a special service provided by the Indian Railways that meets the urgent requirement of those passengers who have planned their travel within a short notice. The Tatkal service of reservation is available for almost all classes of reservations like 2AC, 3AC, 1AC, Chair Car (CC) and Sleeper Class. It is also available in executive class of Shatabdi trains.
Features of Tatkal Reservation Service
Here are some of the prominent features of Tatkal service of IRCTC:
- The traveler can book their Tatkal ticket one day in advance excluding the day on which they are travelling.
- At the time of booking of ticket and during the journey, the passenger would have to show their identity in order to travel with Tatkal ticket
- The rate of Tatkal charges are different for different class of booking. For sleeper, the rate is 10 per cent of the basic fare.
- In case of AC bookings, the rate of Tatkal charges is 30 per cent of the basic fair. There is a minimum and maximum charge for every class. The minimum and maximum Tatkal charges for sleeper class and AC Chair car are Rs 75 and Rs 150 respectively. Likewise, the minimum and maximum Tatkal charges for AC2 and AC3 are Rs 300 and Rs 200 respectively.
- While seeking reservation under Tatkal service, the passenger would book ticket for the actual distance they have to travel and not the end-to-end distance of the train.
- A fixed number of seats in each coach are reserved for Tatkal booking passengers. For example, in case of Shatabdi trains, the Tatkal seats are 10 per cent of the total number of seats in the coach.
AC and Sleeper Tatkal Charges
As per the calculations given above, a total of 10 per cent of the basic fare is charged for Tatkal tickets in Sleeper and AC Chair Car class and a total of 30 per cent of the basic fare is charged for Tatkal tickets in AC2 and AC3 class. The following chart is a detailed list for your understanding:
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal Charges (INR)||Maximum Tatkal Charges (INR)|
|Sitting Second Class||10.00||15.00|
|AC Chair Car Class||100.00||200.00|
The above charges are uniform irrespective of whether the ticket is booked during peak period or non-peak period.
What documents do you require to book and travel Tatkal tickets?
This is a crucial aspect. There is a list of documents out of which you would require to travel with anyone of them. The same would have to be furnished at the time of booking the Tatkal ticket. Here is the list for your convenience:
|Sno||List of accepted documents required by railways|
|2||Credit Cards issued by banks|
|3||Nationalized bank passbook affixed with recent photograph|
|4||Student photo identity card|
|5||Photo identity card bearing a serial number from the state/central government|
|6||Driving License issued by Road Transport Department|
|7||PAN Card issued by IT department|
|9||Photo ID card issued by Election Commission of India|
|10||Photo Identity card issued by any public sector undertaking of central of state government or district administration, municipal bodies, etc.|
Last but not the least, you should be aware that there is no refund under Tatkal booking if your ticket is confirmed and the train departs at time in normal conditions. However, you can full refund can be claimed if the train is delayed for more than 3 hours from the departing station and you cancel the ticket. Moreover, full refund would be granted if the passenger is allocated a lower class due to non-availability of berth in the desired class and the passenger does not wish to travel in lower class.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016