TNEB tamil nadu electricity bill payment And Duplicate Bill
Paying your electricity bills has become a matter of few clicks now. These days, you don’t have to stand in long queues since morning and wait for your turn on the payment window. All you have to do in order to pay your electricity bill is log on to your computer, open electricity department’s website, fill in your bank details and your bill gets paid. Just a matter of 5 minutes altogether. In this article, we would discuss the various methods through which you can pay your Tamil Nadu TNEB Electricity Department Bills online.
Register on TNEB Portal
In order to pay your TNEB bills online, you first need to register on the TNEB portal. Follow these simple steps to register for online bill payment:
- On your browser, open the link https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/userRegister?execution=e1s1
- The browser would open a new page which would ask for your Existing Service Connection Number. Fill in the box provided.
- Once you have filled your Existing Service Connection Number, click on the button on the right, which says, ‘Enter’
- Once you click on ‘Enter’, the browser would open another page on which you have to fill a number of details including your name, address, postal code, phone number, email address, etc. Fill all the details correctly and click on ‘Submit’
- The register option would also ask you to choose a ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ for login purposes
- Once you click on submit, your details are saved on TNEB server and you are eligible to pay your bills online.
Process for Tamil Nadu TNEB Electricity Bills Payment Online?
Now, you have a username and password through which you can pay your TNEB bills online. Follow these steps to pay your bills online:
- On your browser, visit the website https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login
- After this links opens up on your page, put in the username and password that you received on your registered email address.
- Click on ‘Login’
- The next page would display a list of your unpaid bills. You need to choose the bill you want to pay for and click on proceed.
- Before clicking to pay, you should ideally check the amount for the bill. If you have any dispute with the amount of unpaid bill, you should immediately contact TNEB officials in your area.
- Once, you click on pay button after choosing the particular bill, it would ask you to choose ‘Payment Option’. Choose the payment option that you want to use for payment of this bill.
- There are three possible options through which you can pay your TNEB bills:
- Through Credit Cards
- Through Debit Cards
- Through Net Banking
- After you choose your payment option and pay your bill accordingly, the system would send you a confirmation email on your registered email address and possibly on your registered phone as well.
After you receive a confirmation from TNEB for the amount received, you may rest assured that your unpaid bill is paid now.
How to View and Download TNEB Duplicate Bill
Looking for a TNEB duplicate bill? Well, there is actually no such option explicitly mentioned for downloading a duplicate bill from TNEB website but you can definitely get your hands on your electricity bill without much hassle. Just follow the steps below:
- Just click on this link https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login to visit the online payment portal.
- On this page, click on ‘Know Your Bill Status’ tab.
- In the next page, select the region code from drop down, enter your 10-digit consumer number, enter the captcha code and hit submit.
- Wait until the details of your account are show. At the bottom, the outstanding amount will be shown.
- On this page, click Ctrl+P (for printing) and you will get the option to print your TNEB duplicate bill.
Things to consider while paying TNEB Bills online
There are a number of things that you should know regarding TNEB Bill Online Payment.
- With a single User Login, you can attach multiple consumer numbers and thus have multiple connections under the same user ID. However, the payment for each consumer number would be made separately, since the bills are generated separately.
- After your have successfully made payments for a particular bill, make sure to take a print out of the confirmation for future reference.
- You can change your password at any point in time. In fact, it is always better to keep changing your passwords at regular intervals.
- The Username or Consumer Number with which you are registered can’t be changed or modified at any point. However, you can always delete your registered username or consumer number and registered with a fresh one, altogether.
- The processes of net banking payments vary from one bank to another. For example, the way your pay for your bills through SBI net banking may be quite different from the way you would pay with HDFC net banking.
- Do not close your browser or window until the payment is complete and a confirmation of payment displays on the window. If you accidently close the window or your computer shuts off, you would have to repeat the entire process of bill payment altogether.
- TNEB offers Credit and Debit Card payments through 4 bank’s payment gateways, i.e. IDBI Bank, Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank. You need to select either of the options. However, you can use any of the credit or debit cards (Master or Visa) from 39 banks listed on the website.
As you can see, paying your TNEB bill is quite simple and would not take more than 5 minutes of your valuable time. It is always better to schedule your bills payments on time in order to avoid late payment charges.
Other Important Articles
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016