Ration Card is an important document all Indian Citizens must have. While it is used mainly for Public Distribution System of food essentials, it is also used in a number of verification purposes for identity. Whether you are applying for a loan or looking for a subsidy under a government scheme, you would also need to have a ration card.
Telangana is a fairly new state, but has come up with several online facilities for its citizens. The state of Telangana has come up with online system of registration for Ration Card; however the link may not be functional as of now. At the same time, you can always check the status of your ration card online through the online facility offered by the state of Telangana. For now, you can follow the below mentioned steps to register for your ration card.
How to apply for Telangana Ration Card?
Applying for ration card is simple since it is done at local level and the elected executives as well as government executives are always there to help you with the process. All you need to have certain documents which should prove that you are resident of the place you are applying for. The proof could be anything from passbook, to voter ID to a letter written by elected representative in the locality.
- You can either download application for ration card or get it from the local authorities
- Once you get the form, you need to fill it with details like name of the head of the family, his/her father’s name, number and name of all family members, their income and residential address
- You need to attach 3 stamp size photographs with the form
- Find out who is MRO or VRO in your locality and hand over the form to the concerned official.
- The MRO or VRO office would cross check the details of your form and once the authenticity of the details is proved, you would be issued a temporary ration card called RAP or TAP
- Through your local officials, you would be informed about the date of your online registration
- On the date of online registration, you, along with your family members need to visit with a family group photo and authenticate other details like finger prints, iris, etc.
- The registration has to be done at the MRO or VRO premise and you need to physically visit there
- Once the registration process is complete, you would be given an acknowledgement slip, after which you can receive your ration card.
How to check Telangana Ration Card Status?
- Visit Telangana Food Security Portal and follow the below mentioned processes
- Visit ePDS Telangana portal and enter your Aadhar card details or your old ration card number
- If you are searching the status of your ration card through Aadhar number, first select the district you are residing and then input your Aadhar number
- You need to select ‘Old Ration Card’ number, if you want to check the status through old ration card
- You can also check the status of your ration card through the reference number, which you were provided at the time of registration
- After submitting the details, you would be able to see your Ration Card number and your respective Ration Shop. If required, take a print out of this page for future reference.
You can receive your Ration card at your nearest Ration Shop who would be entitled for distribution in your area. Normally, these are shops or agencies operating in close vicinity of your area and you would be aware of their address. If not, you can get their address from the print out that you took from the portal.
For people living below poverty lines, ration card is not only a proof of identity but a medium for getting basic necessity items under Public Distribution System at subsidized rates. And for those living over poverty line, it is certainly a document that you would need at every step of your endeavor. Therefore, Ration Card is a must for all and if you have not yet applied for it, you should immediately apply for one.
Other Important Articles
- Grama Jyothi Yojana
- Pay Slips of Telangana Government
- Telangana TSPSC Notification
- epass Scholarship Status
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016