I had changed my rented house yesterday. I was living in a 3 BHK house and the 11 month rent renewal policy had made that house unaffordable for me. Currently I have moved in a 2 BHK house which has reduced my rent from current Rs 22 thousand to Rs 16 thousand per month.
There was a shifting cost involved which is around Rs 25 thousand. This is pretty high but Rs 6 thousand per month reduced rent will compensate this in almost 5 months. I also had to change my D2H Connection, my broadband connection. D2h was moved with a total cost of Rs 400 but Airtel broadband relocation is a pain. I am currently considering changing my Airtel Broadband to some better local broadband.
It took us almost 2 days from shifting to the old house to new house. And today is supposed to be my first active day of blogging. But since I do not have a broadband connection yet and my phones 3G are very bad in my shifted area. This has landed but me in really bad condition.
Everything seems to fall in place in my new rented house except the fact that there may be a potential internet service gap. I had taken all things into consideration while selecting my new house but still the most important facility (Proper Internet Connection) may be a spoiler for me. I might even have to change this house if my internet requirement is not met.
Currently blogging is the only source of income for me and it has been almost 3 days for me without work. I have been restless without work but my eyes which were a bit overloaded have got a good break.
To finish up with article I would like to make a checklist that you should take care while shifting your house.
Take care of these points while shifting your rented house
- Maintenance Charges: – This is a point which you tend to forget while selecting your new house. Sometime you might have to shell out a lot of money and this may come at a surprise for you
- Water Supply: – You should consider this very important factor; you may ask your potential neighbors about this issue. Also see if the new house has proper water storage facility in case of any water emergency.
- Parking: – If you have a vehicle then you will have to consider this issue also. These days one family has more than one car which has created a shortage of parking space. You should enquire about the Parking well in advance before finalizing your house.
- Power Back Up: – You might have to buy an Inverter if your locality has electricity problem and does not have the power back up option.
- Broadband Facility: – This may not be an issue with many of you but for people like me who work from home broadband facility in your shifting locality become an issue.
- Local Conveyance :- This factor becomes important if you d not have a vehicle currently
- Distance from your work: – You should keep this in mind as an increase in distance from your work may cost you some extra money.
- Bathrooms: – You need to see if there is an extra bathroom that can accommodate your guests.
- Window AC Fitting :- You should also check if your new rented house has peoper window space to occupy your ACs
- Parks: – If you have kids then you will have to consider this factor so that your kids get a nearby play ground for their activities.
- Vastu Shasta :- If you believe in Vastu then please make sure that it comply with your Vastu Requirement.
- PAN card of Owner: – If you want to avail the benefits of House Rent in your company then you must ask in prior about this.
- If you are shifting to different city then Movers and packers may ask for a hefty price to shift your CAR, Please try to Shift your car in a train if possible. It will make you save some money.
These are the important factors that have cropped in my mind you are most welcome to comment your views on these.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016