Income tax department is improving day by day they are adding more features in all the tax filling process. This time around you do not have to fill the lengthy and complex excel sheet (you can still use this method of filling excel). We would like to share the process of how to file income tax return online and it can filled by an individual without any agent.
New way of filling ITR using official Income tax site at free of cost. We are providing the step by step details with screenshot on how to fill Income tax online.
Steps to File ITR Income Tax online
- You need to register yourself to file ITR and the process is extremely simple. Please click on this link to register yourself. You will see below screen on your machine. This is basically the registration form where you first need to provide the details.
- Select your registration type. If you are filling tax for yourself then select Individual and then press continue button. Below page will be displayed by above action. Yo need to enter the PAN card number and is a mandatory field. Please note that without Pan card you can’t file the Income tax return online and now PAN card is mandatory. If you do not have PAN card then you can apply for pan card online or if you have already applied then you check the PAN card status online
- Now you are ready to Login and file your Income tax. Please enter your UserID , password and Date of birth and login.
- You will see the below dashboard once you are logged in. Here you can see the left had side is having quick links where you can upload return or quick e-file ITR etc. You can also click and view the returns if you had earlier field the Income tax return online.
Now to file Income tax return online you need to click on Quick e-File ITR (Top left corner, under Quick link). Below screen will appear after this action. Now Your PAN Card Number will already be there which I have hidden.
- ITR Form Name as :- ITR -1 ( Since you are filling this return for Individual)
- Assessment Year as :- I have selected 2013-14 (You may select 2012-13 for previous year)
- Prefill address with :- From PAN database
- Do you want digital sign :- No
- Now press the submit button.
Do you know what form 26 AS is? if no then click on the link to see or view Form 26 AS
- Now will see the main page where you have to enter all your Form 16 and Form 26 AS details.
7) You will see 6 tabs here
- Personal Information
- Income Details
- Taxes Paid and Verification
You can fill these tabs very easily using Form 16 and Form 26 AS.Press Submit button to submit this form to Income Tax department.
After your form is successfully submitted you will receive a mail in the register email id. You will have to sign this form and send it to the Bangalore address mentioned in the form.
This is all you need to fill the Income Tax return online and is very easy and simple process. Hope you can file the return online easily.
You can also Also Read
- Income Tax Rate slab for FY 2014-15
- Best tax savings option for FY 2014-15
- How to check Income Tax refund status
- Most International Cricket centuries