PCC (Police clearance certificate) is a certificate given by local police station officer stating that the candidate residing in that locality is not a criminal and does not have any criminal background. Police Verification Certificate in India has become a mandatory requirement for various services like passport application, immigration, and tourist visa application and so on. For different services the Police Verification Certificate is required in different mannerism though the normal procedure remains the same for all the PCC (Police clearance certificate) application. It is a very simple procedure and requires a citizen of India to follow few simple steps to get the Police Verification Certificate:-
Procedure to get the Police Verification Certificate in India
- He needs to carry all his residential proofs. These residential proof can involve house agreement, aadhar card, ration card, or any other government proof. One can also present the current work proof to the police officer.
- The application for Police Verification Certificate submitted to the local police station along with the above documents. In the application two references are to be given. These references needs to be the candidate’s neighbors guarantee.
- A passport size photograph is also needed while applying for the Police Verification Certificate.
- The police then sends someone to check that the proof provided by the candidate is authentic. They also question the neighbors about the authenticity of the candidate.
- Once this is done, there will be a call made to the candidate to come and present themselves in front of the main officer at the police station with the original documents to verify the same. They will need to sign a document in front of the police officer before he issues a Police Verification Certificate.
- If these documents are authentic then the police after verifying the background of the candidate issues a police clearance certificate. This clearly states that the candidate can now apply for the passport or visa as they do not hold any criminal background.
Please find a sample of Police Verification Certificate
This procedure is a must in these times as there are loads of criminal activities that are taking place in the society. It becomes difficult to trust a person by the look or the society background. When police check is done their background is also evaluated as to if they are coming in from a good family or they are from a criminal family. This is a type of assurance is needed before entering the candidate in their country. The same procedure is followed in India and all over the world, though the documents may differ from country to country.