Pockets By ICICI Bank – New Feature integrated with Facebook
Recently a new feature is launched by ICICI bank known as Pockets. It promotes social networking to plan your financial journey and will act as a payment gateway which can be accessed through Facebook. This App will use your email address and other basic information stored in facebook and you can share it like other normal App.
Various feature available with this App
1. You can Pay money to your friends
2. You can split money and share
3. Recharge your Mobile
4. Buy Movie tickets and plan it.
Registration process of Pockets by ICICI bank
If you are having a Savings account with ICICI bank and have a valid debit card then you can use this App.
As per ICICI guideline below is the process to register
Log into your Facebook account and search for ICICI Bank, click on Pockets By ICICI Bank and register
Log into your Facebook account and search for Pockets By ICICI Bank and register yourself
Follow the below mentioned steps for registration:
1. Go to www.icicibank.com/pockets
2. Click on “Launch App Now” option available on the top right corner of the page
3. This click will lead you to Facebook where you need to login to your Facebook account
4. You will be required to grant permissions asked during the process for completing your registration successfully
5. Application’s main page will open indicating all the features offered
6. Click on “Register App” button
7. Register yourself by entering your Debit card number and your ATM PIN.
8. Set your personal 4 digit numeric password for this application
This PIN will give you access to the application in future as well
The question that comes to our mind is that will this be a safe mode of transaction of money and is Facebook really secure enough. Well ICICI has said that it will be very secure and as always they have made strict guidelines to ensure safety but as such there are very less users.
If you are using this app then please keep the below security information in mind before making transactions
Please enable the option “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) possible” if not already done. Option is available in your Facebook account under:
Settings>>Account Settings>>Security>>Secure Browsing
• You can see a “Lock” sign on your browser address bar when accessing “Pockets by ICICI Bank”, this indicates that all communication between Facebook and our server is SSL Secured
• To register your account in “Pockets by ICICI Bank”, you first need to authenticate yourself with Debit card Number and ATM Pin
• Every time when you login to your “Pockets by ICICI Bank” account, you need authenticate yourself with 4 Digit password set by you during registration
• Every financial transaction on “Pockets by ICICI Bank” is subject to One Time Password (OTP). OTP is a dynamic in nature i.e for every transaction, you will get a different OTP on your registered mobile number with us.
• 2 Layer Secure Access – We provide double security to your account as the account can be accessed only after logging in to your Facebook account and entering the PIN set by you. Do not share your PIN with anyone.
• Unique Account / Registration – We make sure that your identity can not be misused by others as once you are a registered active user, another account with your details can not be created by anyone.
• One on One – There can be only one registration associated with each Facebook account.
• Daily Transaction Limit – All of your financial transactions have respective daily limits to prevent any fraudulent usage of your money.