Online Voter card correction Online Form
As the elections are knocking at the door, the Election Commission of India has set up some guidelines regarding corrections that can be made through online process. In the past, there have been many cases of wrong information in the voter identity card. According to sources, some errors are human errors i.e. the representatives collecting data of the people have collected a wrong information about the person and some are machine errors like misprinting or tagging one person’s data into other’s voter card. The most common cases were spelling mistakes in name, spelling mistake in address, incorrect gender, wrong date of birth or even wrong photo.
Voter Identity Card is an identity card that is issued to every citizen of the country by the Election Commission of India (ECI). It is the governing council for conduction general elections throughout the country. It issues a unique voter identity card to every person above the age of 18 years, those who have enrolled their names in the voter list. Before an election is conducted, a voter list is issued which provides names and addresses of the authentic voters. According to that list, voter cards issued for the first time to new voters. The process of voter card issue is given to some representatives of the government. They collect the personal data of the eligible voters and register for new voter cards. Basic information like full name, date of birth, father’s name or mother’s name, sex, full address and a recent photo of the voter are printed in the voter identity card. There is a unique alpha numeric voter identity number printed in the voter identity card along with an authorized signature of the issuing authority. A hologram is also provided which proves the authenticity of the voter identity card.
Now after receiving the voter identity card, if a mistake in any information is found, then one will have to apply for corrections in the voter identity card. The Election Commission of India has launched a dedicated portal for this grievance. It is named the National Voter’s Service Portal. Now, the voters who have their names in the voter list may apply online for any corrections, if necessary.
Process to make corrections in the voter identity card Online Name or Address
- one will have to visit the webpage of the National Voter’s Service Portal – www.nvsp.in.
- Then click the link ‘Correction of entries in Electoral Roll’.
- This will open up a separate page which will have many forms.
- The one have to select the Form 8 which is the form for corrections to be made in the voter identity card.
- After the Form 8 opens up, one can fill the required areas prescribed in the form correctly.
- At first, one will have to select the state and the constituency from which he/ she belong.
- Enter the corrected data in the given boxes like name or address or gender or your photograph.
- After that click on the SAVE button and submit it.
- You will receive a acknowledgement slip of your submission.