Mumbai Indians vs Chennai super kings IPL 8 final 2015
Well big day has come its the finale between the 2 titans Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super kings. The climax match is scheduled to play at the Eden Gardens Kolkata. These are the two teams who had finished one and two in the league stages.
Mumbai Indians was second in the league table but had defected CSK in the 1st qualifier and reached the Final of IPL 2015 but Chennai super kings had to beat RCB to get a place in the Finals.
This is the sixth time Chennai Super kings have reached IPL Finals out of the total 8 played. This shows how strong this team has been throughout these 8 years. This is the third time Mumbai Indians have reached IPL final.
This table shows how percentage chances when CSK and MI have won IPL after reaching Finals (IPL 8 Finals not included)
|Number of Times Reached Final||Number of Times Won IPL||Percentage Win|
|Chennai Super Kings||5||2||40|
This percent is in Favor of Mumbai Indians. But one of the finals lost by Mumbai Indians was by the hands of Chennai Super Kings in 2010. That Mumbai Indians was filled with Iconic Sachin tendulkar and he was the Man of the Series of that IPL season.
His table shows how Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians have performed against each other in IPl 2015
|Matches Played||Matches Won|
|Chennai Super Kings||3||1|
This table is also in favor of Mumbai Indians. These 2 teams have played 3 matches this season and Mumbai have won 2 of them. In fact the last 2 matches has been won by Mumbai Indians. First match was played in Wankhede and Brendon and Smith of SCK has demolished Mumbai Indians in their home ground. Second Match was played in Chepauk and Mumbai has won it easily. The third and last game was also won by Mumbai Indians at Wankhede and this was the first play off.
Matches Played by Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians at Eden Gardens in IPL 2015
|Matches Played in Eden Garen||Matches Won in Eden Garden|
|Chennai Super Kings||1||0|
This table is Even Stevens and both these teams have lost their league matches against KKR in Eden Gardens.
All Matches Played by Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians this season.
|Total Matches Played||Matches Won in Eden Garden|
|Chennai Super Kings||16||10|
This table is also Even Stevens as both team have won almost same number of matches in IPL 2015
Positive Points in Favor of Chennai Super Kings to win IPL Season 2015
- The other important factor to consider is the fact that the IPL 2015 finals will be played at Eden Gardens and this ground may help spinners a little bit more. The regular Chennai Super Kings team has 3 spinners and Mumbai Indians have just 2 front line spinners.
- Chennai also has good fast bowlers in the form of Bravo and Aashish Nehra, These 2 top the chart of this seasons highest wicket takers.
- Experience of playing 5 IPL finals
- Most experienced captain Cool MS Dhoni
- This team has the best fielding side
Disadvantages of Chennai Super kings which may lead them to lose IPL season 2015
- Batting of CSK looks a little bit weak after Brendon Mccullum left for the England Series
- MS Dhoni is the best finisher in the world but does not seem to be in form
- Chennai Super Kings have lost last 2 matches played against Mumbai Indians
Positive Points that may lead Mumbai India won IPL season 2015
- This team is won their last 9 out of 11 matches. This shows that they are in peak form of their life
- Their opening combination of Partiv Patel and Simmons are giving them good start in almost all matches
- The new sensation Hardik Pandeya, Pollard, Raydu are continuing the good start given by the opener
- Lasith Malinga is not allowing the batsman to score runs in the power play and in death.
Disadvantage that may lead Mumbai Indians lead to lose IPL 2015 final
- Their premiere batsman Rohit Sharma not if good form.
- Their fielding not as good as CSK
- They have less spinner in the team as compared to CSK in a possible turning track of Eden garden.
This table compare player on player of Chennai and Mumbai for IPL 2015 Final
|Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians|
|2||Mike Hussey||Partiv Patel|
|3||faf Du Plesis||Rohit Sharma|
|10||Mohit Sharma||Vinay Kumar|
The Player marked green is according to me is a better player in this season of IPL. This table clearly makes Chennai super kings to win this season of IPL.
Conclusion:- Just to conclude this long comparison both the teams has the pro and cons this season but my gut feeling says that this pressure cooker situation can be handed by Chennai super king more then Mumbai Indians thus make they my favorite to life IPL season 2015.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016