LPG Subsidy surrender has created a buzz in India after a lot of LPG Gas consumers have received an SMS from their respective LPG distributors to contribute in nation’s growth and opt out of LPG Subsidy.
LPG Subsidy causes around Rs 46,000 Crore to Indian government every year. If there have been no LPG Subsidy then this huge amount would have been used to develop a better infrastructure in India. Since most of the consumers are not aware of this fact so they were a little bit shocked. Nobody actually wants to surrender their subsidy.
Initially most of the consumers thought that it was some kind of fraud surfacing around. Even I was really taken aback by these kinds of SMS. Voluntary giving up the LPG Subsidy ie LPG Subsidy surrender is a naïve initiative taken.
According to the latest data revealed by LPG Distributors, there are just a handful of people who have opted for LPG Subsidy Surrender. Even some of the effluent and prominent families have not enrolled in LPG Subsidy surrender. This has shown the Indian mentality to not thinking nation ahead of some few bucks.
What should LPG Distributors do to make LPG Subsidy Surrender initiative a success?
- I think a person who falls under a 30% tax bracket should be made mandatory to opt this LPG Subsidy Surrender Scheme.
- Business tycoons should be made to opt for this scheme.
- All the film stars should opt for this scheme and ask their fans to opt it.
- All government employees who earn more than Rs 60,000 per month should opt this scheme
- All politicians should opt this scheme.
- PM can make some drive like Ice Bucket challenge to encourage people to opt this scheme.
- LPG fitted cars should be banned.
- If a person has AC installed in his house then he should be made to opt this scheme.
- Posh colonies should be made mandatory to opt this scheme.
I think if these steps are implemented then a lot of money would be saved for Indian government for making India a better place.
Other important articles that you may like to read