LPG Portability :- How can you Port Your LPG Cylinder
Finally the launch of the portability of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) connection scheme was announced on Wednesday by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Mr. Veerappa Moily for 480 districts of the country which will be covering all the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) and all the distributors who have multiple LPG distributors of varying ratings.
With the launching of the new scheme and because of the initiation of the scheme the LPG’s consumers are relieved as they can switch to the distributors which best suits to their comfortability and fulfills their requirement out of the selected number of distributers out of which they used to choose before.
With the implementation of this scheme the consumers will find it easy as well as those who are unhappy with the current LPG’s distributor’s services and those who want to discontinue with their existing distributor can move ahead by opting for the new distributor according to their preference and to such an LPG distributor who is closer to their place of residence.
As it’s a Pilot Project the Oil Marketing Companies launched the LPG connection portability scheme all together in 24 districts in October last year which was covering 13 states till now. And now, Mr. Veerappan Moily said that this scheme is now further being extended on all India basis after expanding the coverage to over 480 districts and covering almost a population of over 8.2 crore LPG consumers across the country.
This is really a very good news for those consumers who had been facing troubled time after not availing the actual services which comes under their right to avail, at least now they have got the right to switch to another distributor of their choice without thinking anything twice and seems to end their worries regarding their existing problem.
The OMC website now contains all the details of the clusters of all the distributors out of whom you can choose the distributor of your choice. With the aim of facilitating the LPG consumers to get the benefit out of the newly launched portability scheme the OMCs have made more than 1400 clusters distributors in over all 480 districts having an average of almost four distributors per cluster out of whom they can choose.
It is also said that the procedure involved in getting the portability is very simple. And it has also been ensured that all the possible markets which consists of all the distributors of multiple companies coupled with the scope for formation of clusters has been covered in the portability scheme now.
For the registration purpose and to register your connection under the portability feature the LPG consumers need to do the following:
- Firstly visit the website of three OMCs i.e; Indian Oil Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and can register your connection.
- The consumers can then see all the distributors among the clusters and the star ratings which are given to them regarding the performance of refill delivery and then can select the distributor as per their wish from the available cluster of distributors and submit their request.
- Following which, the consumers will be receiving an email which will confirm their registration and which consist of the advising details of the futher procedure.
- If the case is of inter company transfer of LPG connection, i.e; transferring between two of the different OMCs, as the LPG equipment is not compatible across companies.
- The consumer will then have to visit the existing current distributor and have to return the cylinder and the pressure regulator back to the current distributor. The consumer will have to collect the refund, transfer documents and can then apply for the change of distributor as per their choice for reconnection by paying the same deposit as earlier.
- No Transfer fee or additional security will be charged for transfer of connection under the newly announced portability scheme.
Mr. Moily in a statement said that with the success of the newly launched scheme the pressure on the distributors will arise as they will have to maintain their customer’s level of satisfaction, and also have to keep their customers happy for customer retention. The success of this scheme lies in conferring the power with the consumer that they can switch to another distributor and the oil company will definitely force the distributors and oil company to perform and not let the number of portability to rise.