LPG Gas Bike key features | Cost | Benefits | Disadvantages
India’s first LPG Gas Bike will be soon launched in the country. Most renowned and India’s leading auto mobile company Bajaj will soon launch their new motorcycle which will run by LPG. The company has decided to launch this LPG-run bike in the cities such as Ahmadabad and Sangli for the demo ride. However the company stated that the test drive has already done and the response is quite positive. The inhabitants from Sangli and Ahmadabad stated that the Bike has few features that make it better than the previous ones. Bajaj will be the first ever company that launches an LPG-run bike. This took quite a good time but the result is definitely a worth.
LPG Gas Bike Key Features and Running Cost
- The bike will be running by LPG gas cylinder also it will have a petrol tanker as well. That means if you run out of gas you can still go by petrol.
- There will be 4 litre LPG gas cylinder and 10 litre petrol tank in the bike. It will be a bi-fuel motorcycle that will be apt for the in-city driving.
- As of now only Bajaj Platina model will be available as bi-fuel motorcycle. They have a plan to launch more models in future and make it regular in Indian auto mobile market.
- With one full cylinder the Bike gives 200 km mileage. This definitely is a big advantage for the in-city riders.
- By using LPG gas engine, the bike will cost as low as Rs. 9000/-.
- There is a requisite safety feature installed in the bike. This feature will prevent the gas leakage and overheating of the cylinder during the ride.
- Running Cost of LPg run bikes are still not clear but it would be around rs .5 per KM
|Specification||LPG Gas Bike|
|Fuel||Bi-fuel (LPG – 4 litres and Petrol – 10 litres)|
|Special feature||Requisite Safety Feature|
|Best for||In-city rides|
LPG Gas Bike Uses
LPG Bikes are very new in India. Though there is LPG-run three wheelers here in the country but motorcycles are something that never worked before. This LPG gas Bikes will be useful for the people who roam in the city on daily basis. Sales people, Medical Representative and college students are the people who will be benefitted by the bike.
LPG Gas Bike Benefits
- The LPG-run bikes make much lower pollution than petrol or diesel-run motorcycles.
- It increases the operating cost for the vehicles by up to 40%.
- It is a bi-fuel motorcycle. So people can either use the LPG cylinder or Petrol during the ride.
- The 4 litre cylinder gives 200 km mileage which is quite good for the in-city ride.
- The requisite safety feature in it does not allow the cylinder to overheat or gas leakage.
LPG Gas Bike Disadvantages
- The bike is good for the in-city drive; it is yet to check for the long drive or out of city rides.
- If the temperature goes down below the 32F LPG does not always allow starting the bike.
- The energy level of the LPG-gas run bikes is much lower (nearly 14%) than the other fuel run bikes. This makes the bike weak compare to other fuel running bikes.