It has become a must to link the consumer’s Aadhar card number with their vehicle details, registration and driving license number in certain parts of India. In AP, the government has ordered to do the above in order to ensure security and safety of the vehicles as well as the owners. There are more than 70 lakh vehicles in AP with the number of driving licenses of more than 40 lakh.
According to AP transport department, this process will be helpful for the owners of the vehicle as they will get regular updates on their driving license renewal, vehicle maintenance and service and any other facilities or announcements on behalf of the department. It will also benefit the person with multiple vehicles through various welfare schemes. So far, about 18 lakh driving licenses and vehicles have been registered with the Aadhar card in AP.
This will also help the government to monitor the number of vehicles and people with multiple vehicles. This will help the transport department to know if adequate tax is being paid or not. Also it will help to ensure if additional road tax is being paid off for the second vehicle or not.
AP transport department has launched an online service in order to link the Aadhar card number with driving licenses and vehicle details. All you have to do is illustrated below:
Step by step process to link or seed your Aadhar card with Your Vehicle Number and Driving Licence in AP
- Go to the following url or directly open AP transport website https://aptransport.in/APCFSTONLINE/Reports/AadharFeedingScreen.aspx
- Enter your vehicle registration number. In case you want to link the Aadhaar card with driving license, check license from select search element field.
- Once you have done it, all registered details will be provided on the screen.
- If the details are right enough, enter your Aadhaar card number to the respective field at the bottom of the screen along with your mobile number in the field provided.
- Click submit.
- Once this is complete, all the intimation regarding the Aadhar card mapping details will be sent on the provided mobile number.
In case of any problem you can connect with the Ap transport department through this email id. “email@example.com”
Author is this article is Dr Pallavi Sharma