Karnataka Budget 2017 (Movie Tickets @ Rs 200)
The year 2017 – 18 has bought smiles on faces for people living in Karnataka as the government has proposed a better budget plan. The new budget proposed by the government, people can enjoy cheaper cinema tickets and will no longer have to pay VAT for purchasing liquor. The new budget is aimed at offering cheap liquor and entertainment for people of Karnataka.
Main Points of the Budget 2017 – 18
The new budget plan was announced officially by the Chief Minister of Karnataka Mr. Siddaramaiah on Wednesday. Following are the main points according to the budget plan:-
- The government has announced that it is going to remove VAT on the purchase of liquor, which will be in effective from April 1st This shall include on purchase of liqueur, fenny, wine and beer.
- According to the new budget, the government has also decided to withdraw the administrative fee of two rupee per litre on export quality liqueur and one rupee per litre on other quality spirit.
- The removal of administrative fee is not valid for the purchase or export of any Ethanol products.
The new budget plan was appreciated by Mr. Riyaz Amlani, who is the present president of NRA (national restaurant association) of India. Mr. Amlani also stated in his statement that the plan was in favor of the people of Karnataka. Apart from this, he also added to his statement that the Karnataka government was following the same footsteps as that taken by the government in Kolkata.
Effects of the Budget plan
- The proposed budget shall have a deep impact in shaping the economy of Karnataka. With lowered tax it is certain that his will also help in generating better income for the state.
- As liqueur industry is also considered as better source of income for the state government, so it is natural that with the removal of VAT the state government shall also generate more income.
- As customers will have to pay less for purchasing liqueur, so they can always save more money to invest in other areas. Liqueur companies in the state can also offer more people with employment opportunities.
- The government has also announced that it would be offering people of Karnataka with cheaper movie tickets. This means that presently people will have to pay just RS 200 for watching any movie in any cinema hall.
- The cheaper tickets will be valid for all theatres in the state including multiplexes where entertainment could earlier cost them around Rs. 500.
What the budget has for Bike Lovers?
The new budget may not be very friendly for most bike lovers. It was announced officially by the Chief Minister that bike lovers may have to pay much higher price when purchasing new bike. The government has announced an increase in Vehicle tax from 12 percent to 18 percent on purchase. The hike in tax is valid for the purchase of any vehicle that costs more than INR one lakh. The government has also implemented a number of other points in the budget to improve the economy of Karnataka state.