IGL Online Payment of Bills
We don’t know what you think but here is our opinion – the cylinder system for LPG is seriously flawed and old school. In fact, it is the breeding ground for corruption. We often keep wondering, “Why the Indian Government does keeps nurturing systems that are hollow and corrupt?” Probably it resonates well with the whole government setup itself. But again, we need a body that controls and distributes natural resources. So, government is more like a necessary evil that we hate at our best but can’t even live without it.
Contrary to the old-school cylinder system for LPG distribution, the new system of Indraprastha Gas Limited or better known as IGL is far more contemporary with minimum hassle and of course, nominal to nil corruption. Those of you who do not know about IGL, here is how it works:
- You pay a deposit fee of ₹ 2,500.
- You get a gas connection. Only this time, there is no cylinder to install. What you get is a pipeline installed all the way to your home.
- The pipeline is fixed with a meter to calculate the amount of gas you are consuming.
- Pay according to your monthly consumption.
Benefits of IGL? Many! Here is a quick list:
- Discards the very need for refilling cylinders.
- Eliminates the possibility of going gas-less for a few days in the event of you running out of gas. This usually happens in case of cylinders. Refilling is one big headache.
- Eliminates corruption. There’s no middleman, there’s no intermediate delivery systemof distribution centers and delivery boys and there is no possibility of unauthorized purchase of cylinders.
- Centralized control on gas distribution.
- No restriction on how much gas you consume. The more you use, the more you pay. It is simple!
- No need to get involved in exchanging rage with useless officials of gas distribution outlets who know only one thing – harass people and then extract money from them for the services they are legally entitled to get.
Problems of IGL? Some exist! Here is a quick list:
- The central control goes down, your gas supply is halted.
- Your meter goes faulty, you may end up paying more than what you use.
- Such distribution networks are, to a great extent, dependent on digital technology which can be hacked easily by good hackers.
- Centrally controlled facilities for distribution of natural resources like gas became easy targets of terrorism. That can be really catastrophic.
Still, the benefits of IGL far outweigh the shortcomings because these problems don’t really occur on a daily basis.
Anyway, let us get back to the true purpose of this article. We want to know how to pay IGL bills online. So, let us check out the steps.
Steps for IGL Online Payment of Bills:
Step 1: Login to IGL Portal
- Fire up your web browser and head for this page.
- Use the username and password that you received while taking a new connection to login to your account.
Step 2: Pay your bill
Once you log in, you will see your account. On the left side you will see four menu items. One of them is ‘Online Payment’. This is actually the third option. Click on it. Once you click, you will notice a page which will read, “Pay Your Bill”. There will be a ‘Pay Now’ button. Click on this button. Doing so will take you to the payment gateway where you will be able to pay your bill using multiple options like Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. That’s all!
IGL duplicate bill copy and Payment history check
In case you want to check your current bill or take a look at your payment history, click on ‘My Bill’ tab on the top of your account page. There you can see your current bill (you will also have an option of paying your bill online from there) as well as your payment history. The payment history will allow you to view your older bills in details or you can just satisfy yourself with the summary of each bill which will be represented in a tabular format.
Honestly, it is simple and effect. They whole system is extremely user-friendly. What do you think?
- How can we print BSES Duplicate Bill
- How can we pay AP Electricity Bills
- How can we pay MSEB Bills
- How can we pay Telangana Water bills
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016