To apply for a birth certificate in Hyderabad , applicants must first register in GHMC birth register. The birth has to be listed with Grater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) within 21 days of birth occurrence. Everybody has to fill up the form given by the GHMC registrar. Generally the hospitals or medical institutions where the births take place, they maintain a register and same is sent to the GHMC authorities.
When it reaches the GHMC office, the applicants can visit Meeseva center and they can submit an application for birth certificate.
General idea/steps to apply for birth certificate
- Search in Birth Register
- Chose the section in which you have to apply for birth certificate
- Download application forms and fill it
- Submit an application by visiting Meeseva, Eseva or Municipal office
- Verify the stage of application in online and collect certificate
Steps and Procedures to apply for Birth Certificate from GHMC, Hyderabad
GHMC divided application process in 4 segments are:
- Request the Application of Birth Certificate
- Including the child in Birth Register
- You have to correct any problems if you have any in Birth Certificates
- Non obtainable Birth Certificates
If each and every birth detail is correct then you may apply for Birth Certificate application request. If your child details are correct then you may apply for child birth register. If any given information is found incorrect then you have to rectify the mistakes. If your name is not registered then you will have to apply for non obtainable Birth Certificates.
To apply for a Birth Certificate you have to undergo three procedures
- Birth Certificate Application Request: For Birth Certificate application request you have to download a form online and then you will have to fill it up. There will be an application name in the Birth Certificate application request form.
- Listing the Child’s name in the Birth Register: There are two procedures of listing the child’s name
- Listing within one year of birth date
- Listing after one year of birth date
For listing your child’s name in the birth register you must fill two forms. One of them is a Birth Certificate application form and the other one is name listing in birth records. For the applicants who are in the condition of (a) or applying within a year, they must fill Application form where Application name will be found. Then they must fill the Birth Certificate application request. After that they must fill the declaration form for name listing in 1 year.
For the applicants who are in the (b) category or applying after a year, they must fill the Application form, Birth Certificate application request and then they must fill declaration form for name listing in 1 year. But the extra thing you need to provide in this case is a Proofread of your Affidavit.
- Corrections in Birth Certificates : This procedure is only for those people whose Birth Records are obtainable at GHMC Birth Records, but they have done any mistakes. For example: Their Father Name, Mother Name, Their Name or Date of Birth is incorrect.
Note: According to the Births and Deaths Act of 1969, major name changes will not be accepted. Only minor mistakes, spelling problems, extension of the surname, adding prefixes or suffixes to the original name is allowed but only to the satisfaction of the Registrar.
Documents required for Corrections
- Birth Certificate Application Form
- Declaration form by Parents and the form must be attested by two gazette officers. The name of the gazette officers are always written in Capitals.
- Notary Affirmation on Rs 10/- Non-Judicial Stamped paper
For Corrections in Birth Certificates GHMC Hyderabad, you must provide Application name form, Birth Certificate application request form, Declaration form for Birth corrections, Proofread of Affidavit for correction Type-1 or Proofread of Affidavit for correction Type-2.
Note :- GHMC is acronym of Grater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
Other Important Articles to Read