How to View Form 26AS
Income Tax Department facilitates a PAN holder to view its Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) online. The Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) are generated wherein valid PAN has been reported in the TDS statements. Basically Form 26AS contains the details of tax deducted on behalf of the taxpayer by deductors. Everyone should know the importance of form 26AS and we would like to put all the relevant details.
Importance of Form 26AS
- the details of tax deducted on behalf of the taxpayer by deductors.
- Details of tax collected on behalf of the taxpayer by collectors
- Advance tax/self assessment tax/regular assessment tax, etc. deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of paid refund received during the financial year
- Details of the High value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
Tax Credits Statement orForm 26AS can be viewed/accessed through 3 ways :
- First Way: – Through official income tax website
- Second Way: – from bank site through net banking facility
- Third way: – from TIN website
In this article we will go through the registration process to view form 26AS through First way as it will help you in filing your income tax return also free of cost.
Click on the link https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Select Individual if you want to view the form for an individual or HUF (Hindu united family) if declared yourself as HUF.
Press Continue and you will view the below screenshot
Fill you PAN number in the PAN* field and the PAN number should be a valid one to activated other details which are currently shown as inactive.
After you fill the PAN number correctly you will need to fill the other details. Mandatory fields in these are SURNAME, Date of Birth, e-mail Id and Mobile number
Email ID and Phone number will be used to for further communications so make sure to put a valid number and email address.
After you fill the correct details full registration form will open in which various details will be asked
After filling up the details correctly you will see the below message
Check the email id provided in the form where a URL would have been sent from incometaxindia.gov.in to activate the account. Click on the link and you will see another window saying user ID is activated.
User user ID would be the Pan number and password will be the one that you have set. At the time of login you will need to enter your date of birth also.
After creating your login details you need to click on my accounts highlighted in the above screenshot. Click on the and it will redirect to TDS-CPC website where your Form 26AS is present.
You may like to read
- What is Challan 280
- How can we check Income tax refund status
- How can we check epf balance online
- How can we download aadhar card online.