When we shift house from one place to another, one of the things that needs to be taken care of is to transfer gas connection to a new gas agency. In case we don’t have a gas agency of our old dealer available at our new location, the only choice we are left with is to change our Gas Service.
It is always advisable to initiate the transfer process a week ahead of scheduled shifting date so that as soon as you get into your new house, you are able to contact the new gas distributor to finish of the transfer procedures.
Let’s have a look at the process step by step. The best thing is that it’s applicable in all sorts of transfer whether it’s from Indane connection to Bharat Gas or vice versa or between any two other LPG providing companies.
- First of all you must visit the company’s web site
- Now look out for which LPG distributor is available in your area
- You must check out their star rating basis on their refill delivery performance
- Next, you need to make out a choice of your company or distributor
- Once you have gathered the above mentioned information, you need to surrender your equipment to your old distributor
- Now you should visit your new distributor and get your new connection
You can also change your gas providing company even when residing in the same area. The reason could be even if you aren’t happy with your current supplier.
The petroleum and oil ministry has now permitted an easy transfer of LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) connections amongst all the 3 oil companies that provide cooking gas in the whole nation state that is Hindustan petroleum, in short HP, Bharat Gas and Indian Oil (Indane) through online process.
A consumer can now suitably change to a different company’s connection within 3 to 4 days if he/she is not satisfied with the LPG Company’s supplier. The transfer can be done from corner to corner the suppliers and companies by applying for the process online.
The petroleum and oil ministry has started this new system of connection transportability crosswise 30 cities just like in case of mobile numbers. Cities like Chandigarh have already been roofed in the very first stage. In the state of Uttar Pradesh, cities like Lucknow and Kanpur have been picked for connection transportability in the second stage.