How to recharge Delhi metro card Online
Anyone would rarely doubt the convenience and comfort being offered by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), ever since its inception in Delhi NCR. DMRC is known world-wide for its first class facilities and flawless performance. It now features facility to recharge Delhi metro card Online. We all know how beneficial and conducive smart cards are, along with the price concession they offer.
Here are step by step procedures that you may follow to recharge Delhi metro card online:
- Visit www.delhimetrorail.com and select e-services from the menu option.
- It would offer you two options. Either you can register your smart card on the website for further recharges or just select one time (quick-recharge) option.
- For ‘Quick Recharge Option’ you need to input your smart card ID number printed on the back of the card. Select payment mode, input payment details and visit AVM.
- For ‘Register’ option, the website would ask for few details and would generate a username and password for you. This option ensures that you don’t have to input your smart card ID number every time you need to recharge your smart card. If you are a regular metro traveller, you should ideally choose this option and get registered with the website.
- The AVM machine validates your recharge and also provides you additional information like value of recharges and previous transactions. This way you may also know the amount of money you spend during a month for commuting.
The online recharge facility started by Delhi Metro Rail is an addition to the world of conveniences that Delhi Metro provides to the commuters in Delhi NCR. This online and cashless facility would surely make lives of daily commuters more comfortable and would encourage more and more commuters to use smart cards. The only area of opportunity till date remains that you can’t use net banking for payment, which we hope, would soon be a possibility.