How to pay LIC Premiums Online
Life Insurance Corporation of India is one of the leading insurance companies. It has more than several million customers and has its operations across the length and breath of the country. Since, it is big; the number of people paying their premiums is also high. Thus, there are always bigger queues in LIC branches for premium payments.
To cut short this physical exercise, LIC has provided online payment mode for premiums. With this, you can pay your premiums online through few clicks while sitting at your home and office. You should only have a working internet connection and a net banking account.
Broadly, there are two ways through which you can pay your LIC premiums online:
- Through being a registered user on LIC Portal
- Paying premiums online without being a registered user
Online LIC Premium Payment by registering at LIC Portal
The registration of account holders at LIC Portal is quite simple and you can get registered by following few simple and easy steps mentioned below:
- Visit the web link http://www.licindia.in/online_payment.htm
- On the right hand side of the page, you would see a link saying, ‘Pay Premium Online’
- The next page would show you’re a list of enrolled policies under your name
- Select the respective policy for which you would like to make payments and then click on ‘Submit’
- The system would take you to ‘Payment Option’ Screen
- There are a number of ways through which you can make your payments for LIC premium, i.e. Debit Cards, Net Banking and Credit Cards. Payment through credit card comes with a charge of somewhere between Rs 12 to Rs 35.
- Select the appropriate payment option and click on go
- Once you have chosen your payment option, you would be redirected to the payment gateway through which you can make payments successfully
- Once, the payment for respective policy is done, the system would show you a successful message
The system from LIC portal would automatically send a confirmation receipt on your registered email address.
Payment of LIC Premium without registering
If you do not wish to register with your details and still want to make payments for your premium, you can do so by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the link http://www.licindia.in/online_payment.htm
- Click on ‘Online Services’
- The system would take you to the next screen where you need to select ‘LIC PayDirect’
- The next page would ask for details like Policy Number, date of birth, Premium Amount, Mobile number and email address
- Please note that the facility of online premium payment can only be made by the policy holder and no one else.
- Click on Submit, one your have entered the details correctly
- Click on ‘Check Out’ on the next screen
- On the next page, select the respective policy for which your want to make payments for and click on ‘Submit’
- Here again you need to select the payment options from net banking, debit cards and credit cards and proceed again as mentioned in the steps against registered users
Once the payment is done, you would receive a confirmation on your email and the page too would show confirmation of payment.