How to Check SBI Credit Card Status Online
The question is, why should you apply for a credit card in the first place? Don’t get carried away by arguments like:
- A credit card is a status symbol (social pressure).
- My friends have credit card so, I should have a credit card as well (peer competition).
- It is free money (I will use it and will never pay back).
Come on! Grow up! If you have decided to get a credit card for any of the aforementioned reasons then you are just setting up a dark world of debts and terrible credit score. In any of the above conditions, all that happens is reckless spending and eventual failure to repay the money you owe to the bank issuing the credit card. In such a condition, all that follows is a series of lawsuits and eventually a scared credit history which will disqualify you from any future loan possibilities even if you genuinely need one. So, credit card is something that you need to deal with extra care and responsibility.
Assuming that you applied for credit card because you have a genuine need for it and you intend to pay back, here are some of the advantages you can surely enjoy:
- Get the much needed cash supply in times of crisis because credit cards allows cash withdrawal from ATMs.
- Buy necessary goods and repay later in installments without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Sensible and responsible use of the card will help to improve your credit ratings with CIBIL. This will ensure that you get access to loan from any bank or lending institution anytime you want.
So, if you have applied for an SBI credit card, you have made a wise decision because SBI is known to offer a host of advantages that many other card providers don’t. However, you need to remember that SBI credit card is not provided by State Bank of India. SBI cards section is completely different and works independently of the bank. In case you have not received your SBI credit card yet, you should not check for status with the bank because you will not get any information.
For checking status, you need to ask the card issuing section of SBI. In case you don’t know where to look for, here is a quick guide to help you check your SBI credit card status online:
- Head for the card status checking https://www.sbicard.com/en/home.page
- You will be asked to fill in the application number. Just type it in and click on Track button. The page will refresh and show you the exact status of the card.
In case you have lost your application number, there is no need to worry. You can get your whole application in digital format from the same page. Click on the tab which reads ‘Retrieve your application’. Doing so will show you another form where you need to provide the following information:
- Your date of birth (should match the DOB you provided during application).
- Your Permanent Account Number or PAN (should match the PAN you provided during application).
Once you provide both the details, click on the button that reads ‘Next’. Wait until the page refreshes and shows you the application form. Take the application number and click on ‘Check the status’ tab. Now track your SBI credit card status by using the application number you just retrieved.