In this article we are providing the details on how to apply for marriage Certificate online in Delhi. Registering the marriage is a must for so many obvious reasons. However, it used to be a little tedious task in India, as people were expected to make frequent visits for the registration process and it never used to happen in one go. Moreover, the process of manual registration has been alleged with red tape and corruption and that is what compelled the government to come up with online marriage registration process. Now the question arises is How To Apply For Marriage Certificate online in Delhi?
Yes now it is possible to apply online in delhi, all you need to do is log on to the website and fill the form. You can submit the form and application online and would be given an acknowledgement slip right away.
Step by step process to Apply For Marriage Certificate Online In Delhi
The e-governance endeavour of Government of Delhi has come up with the following process of registration of marriage online along with other certificates that you may require. It’s easy and user-friendly.
- Visit http://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/choosedistrict.asp
- Check the box which says, ‘Registration for Marriage Certificate’.
- Select the basis on which you are applying for the marriage certificate.
- Put your personal details like Name, Sex, District, Locality, House number and Post office, etc.
- Click on ‘Click Here’ button
- The next window would take you to the appointment availability page, where you can choose from a list of available dates for appointment.
- Print the application form and acknowledgement receipt.
- On the day of appointment, you would be asked to bring several documents as proof of nationality, address, age and marital status.
- Also, it is mandatory for both husband and wife to be present physically with two witnesses along with the printed application form before the marriage officer on the day of appointment.
Documents required for Marriage Certificate Online in Delhi
- Application form filled and duly signed by both wife and husband.
- Evidence of Date of Birth of both Husband and Wife.
- Ration Card of either of the spouses.
- Documentary evidence of stay in Delhi for more than 30 days, in case of Special Marriage Act.
- Affidavit from both Husband and Wife confirming date of marriage, birth and marital status at the time of marriage.
- Two passport size photographs of both husband and wife and one photograph proving the marriage. It’s better to keep a marriage invitation card, if available.
- In case of marriage happening at a religious place, take a certificate from the priest for the marriage.
- Deposit a cash of Rs. 100 in case of Hindu Marriage Act and Rs. 150 in case of Special Marriage Act to the cashier at the marriage registration office.
Make sure that you get all the documents attested by a Gazetted Officer.
On the date of application, all the documents would be verified and a day of registration would be fixed and communicated. In case of Special Marriage Act, a notice is sent to both the parties through registered post and registration happens only after 30 days from the date of notice.
Since, marriage Certificate is a must for all Indian citizens, visit Delhi Government website for more information on ‘applying for marriage certificate’ and register your marriage online in no time.
Tatkal Marriage Certificate Delhi
Last year Delhi government has initiated Tatkal marriage Certificate services in Delhi. Using this service any couple could get the marriage certificate within 24 hours. But this used to come with a hefty price of rs 10,000. Now the current AAP government has come up with the proposal to reduce the cost of this service by 90% to rs 1,000 only. This has come as a pleasant surprise to all Delhi people.