Caste Validity Certificate :With the discrimination of caste still prevailing in India, it becomes important that measures are taken to provide equal opportunity to these minority castes through the different initiatives taken by the Government of India. To keep proper documentation a caste validity certificate is issued to the nationals of India that specifies the caste of that particular person. It is a vital document especially for those belonging to a less privileged tribe or caste so that they can gain future advantages or opportunities provided exclusively to these minority groups.
Why do I need a caste Validity Certificate?
Amongst the many initiatives taken by the Government of India to bring equality in the population including education and other lucrative proposals for particularly the following caste of SC/ST/OBC/NT and minority communities; a caste validity certificate can easily aid you in availing these opportunities that the Indian Government has to offer. It will certainly reduce discrimination and people of lower caste can now get equal rights and sometimes advantages in the following fields:
- Right in getting equal opportunity in Educational institutes
- Right in getting equal opportunity in Government services
- Right in getting equal opportunity in Law and Legislations
- Right in getting advantage of the retiring age of individuals
How to apply for a caste validity certificate?
- Application Form No 1 which specifies the authenticity of the caste of the person needs to be duly filled by the applicant. It is then needed to be submitted to the Caste Verification Committee of the District.
- The Caste Verification Committee of District will then conduct its verification process through its usual procedure which includes records from schools and family members and other reliable sources.
- If the applicant’s information confirms to the testimonials provided then the caste validity certificate is granted to the applicant in Form No.A1 within one month of the application process
However in cases of delay the Deputy Commissioner of District can be contacted for support in facilitating the process or any intervention. However it should be noted that the caste validity certificate is valid until it is revoked for legitimate reasons including change of religion.
List of Authorities empowered to issue caste/community certificates Information on the complete list (For OBC/SC/ST)
|Sno||Authorized Institute Officer|
|1||District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner,|
|2||Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate,|
|3||Revenue Officer not below the tank of Tehsildar and|
|4||Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.|
Source :- http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02adm/36028_1_2014-Estt.Res.-03092015.pdf