At the beginning, allow us to briefly explain what is CIBIL. It stands for „Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited“ and it is the first credit information bureau in this country. The purpose of this establishment is to monitor consumer and commercial trades. At the moment, CIBIL is playing an important role when it comes to providing loans and credit cards. It collects data from your credit history and if you have done any kind of bank fraud in the past, they will likely provide you with Low CIBIL score and this will affect any future transition with banks or loans. This articles mainly focuses on getting CIBIL Score Online.
So, how to check your CIBIL score online ? First thing you should be aware of is that this isn’t a public/government institution and therefore getting a CIBIL score costs Rs 470 at the moment and it is easy to get it. Below you can find detailed explanation on how to do it.
Steps to get your How Can I Get My CIBIL Score Online :-
- First you need to visit this page: https://www.cibil.com/online/manageCustomerDetails.do?action=showAddPaymentPage
- Once you’ve got to the page, fill in the form as instructed and be careful while doing it. Take your time to do it and recheck any data you’ve entered because it is important to have correct information. When you are done with it, click on „Click here for online payment“.
- Now, you will get to a payment gateway where you can transfer Rs 470 for the service. Choose the method for payment that suits you best and submit the transaction. It is important not to forget to write down the Identification Number that you get once you pay the money.
- After you’ve made the payment, you will need to answer on several security questions about your payment history. This step has a purpose of securing you from anyone stealing your information. When you complete this, you’ll get a receipt for your payment on your email.
- Once you’ve done all of the above-mentioned, you will be entitled to a CIBIL score or CIBIL report in about four working days. If it happens that you don’t receive it in this period, please contact email@example.com to see what is happening with your score. You should get it both online and to your mailbox.
If your security authentication fails at step 4) and your payments is successful, you will have to collect the following documents for getting CIBIL Score offline :-
- Payment ID you’ve received in step 3)
- Identity prof you’ve provided when you filled the online form
- Address prof mentioned in the online application form.
Send all of these documents to the address below:
Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited, Hoechst House, 6th Floor, 193,
Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021.
Upon sending documents, you should receive your score in about 10 working days. Hope now you are clear with the process of getting your CIBIL Score online.