Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique number that is generated after capturing your all 10 finger prints and two iris scan. This is the latest identity scheme launched by government of India. Now a days Aadhaar card is used as major identity and governement wants everyone to apply and get aadhaar card. It will act like the universal card which will be helpful in future.
Benefits of Aadhaar card
- This will be the main identity identification of Indians.
- In future all the other identity proofs will be generated only if you have Aadhaar number.
- Aadhaar number will be the source to provide all the subsidized items from government of India.
- This will reduce the duplicate identity a person can easily create.
- Aadhaar will used to provide Direct to cash scheme launched by government of India.
Steps that are required to get your Aadhaar Card
- Use this hyperlink to get an Aadhaar Card appointment http://appointments.uidai.gov.in/
- This site will help you in locating the nearest Aadhaar Card center and since you already have an appointment there is no need for standing in an endless queue.
- After you have competed this form click on fix appointment. You will get a receipt of the appointment in this format
- Take a print out of the appointment receipt.
- Please note the required documents that you have to carry with this appointment receipt that you have to carry with you.
- Identity Proof
- Address proof
- 2 passport size photograph
- Proof of date of birth
You can find the list of proof that is accepted by Aadhaar team in this link. http://uidai.gov.in/images/FrontPageUpdates/proof_of_identity_documents_supported.pdf
Also UIDAI has set up a Contact Centre. Please contact them if you any queries regarding your Aadhaar Card
Aadhar card linking to every financial institution is now one of major part in Indian economy.