Haryana to offer subsidy for solar water pumps
Haryana state government is all set to promote the solar water pumps by spending a handsome amount on subsidy. In a recent event the state ministry of new and renewable energy, Shree Banwari Lal has said that the state will provide a handsome subsidy to the farmers to promote solar water pumps. Under this subsidy scheme farmers from now onwards will have to bear only 10% of the cost of water pumps whereas the remaining 90% will be provided by the central and the state government.
Subsidy for Solar Water Pumps in Haryana
Water pumps in agricultural sectors generally run through coal based energy. Under this system the government will be launched a web portal through which solar grids above the rooftops will be connected and used to save solar energy. This solar energy will be used further to run the motors which will bring about 14.64 mw energy on an average.
Under this system water pumps of 2 HP, 5 HP and 10 HP will be promoted, declared by the state ministry of new and renewable energy. In this current financial year the state government has planned to set up more than 3,000 water pumps across the state.
Solar Home System
Along with the subsidy for the solar water system the ministry is keen to provide solar home system to the households as well. The director of the new and renewable energy department Shreemati Ashima Brar said that people of the state will be getting 1 DC fan, 2 LED bulbs, an LED tube light, battery charger along with 150w solar panel and battery powered 12Vx150Ah under this new system. Though there isn’t any official date of launch is been announced but the director said it will be launched soon.
Budget and Funding
The subsidy of 90% will be borne by the central and state government. The budget allotted for the subsidy is Rs. 27 Cr for the current financial year.
Benefits under this Subsidy
Farmers will need to spend only 10% of the total cost of water pumps in their farms under this system. On the other under solar home system households will get personal solar panels along with lights and fan to survive.
|Initiative||Subsidy to Solar Water Pumps|
|Launched by||State government of Haryana|
|Other initiative||Solar home system|
|Benefits||2LED bulbs, 1LED tube light, Fan, Battery Charger, solar panel, battery|
- Facebook Plans Commercial Wi-Fi Launch in Rural India
- e-Wallets can be used for Purchasing Mutual Funds
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016