Government action for the prevention of contagious diseases in animals
Recently there has been an immense outburst in the infection of contagious diseases among the animals all over the country and the government is totally aware of the same. As per the recent survey, the number of registered diseases that has been detected in the animals of the State as well as the Union Territory
List of Animal Diseases and Infections
|1||Foot and mouth disease|
|5||Peste Dis Petits Ruminants|
|7||Classical Swine fever|
Actions taken by the government to alleviate the diseases:
- Diagnosing the disease- The government has taken care to build more infrastructures in order to equip fully for the perfect diagnosis of the disease of the animal in a quick paced manner. This will ensure the fact that the animals can have a scope of quick recovery if the diagnosis itself is quick.
- Increased biological production units- Government has made amends to create places for production of the medication required in order to treat the infected animals so that they can have quick recovery as a result of elevated medical standards.
- Increased number of hospitals and dispensaries has been created in order to treat animals in the proper manner which was not the case beforehand. According to the Livestock Health and Disease control policy taken up by the government, four programmes have been conducted which includes the diseases such as the FMD, PPR, Classical swine fever and Brucellosis.
- Containment measures- The government has taken strict actions in order to keep the infected animals separate from the non infected ones so that the disease does not spread in any way. Also a prompt disease reporting team has also been created who has taken the responsibility of spreading out to the different parts of India and collect the news about any widespread disease in the livestock so that further planning can be done in order to eliminate the disease.
- Online report and support system has been enabled so that people from remote parts of India can report regarding the outbreak of any disease and the best part about it is that if possible, online solutions can be provided as well for the betterment of the animals.
Outcome of the government policy
|Name of the disease||Number of livestock affected in 2005||Number of livestock affected still in 2019|
|Foot and Mouth Disease||2770||109|
|Peste Dis Petits Ruminants||1071||116|
According to this statistics, if the policy works in a full fledged manner, then only a few more years can eradicate all sorts of contagious and infectious diseases that are occurring to the animals in India.
Not only has the government contributed to such prompt action towards the progress of the health of livestock but it has also built an online infrastructure named as the National Animal Disease Reporting System (NADRS) which connects every nook and corner of India as per as livestock disease and health support system is concerned. This government scheme is not only beneficial to the animals in general but also contributes to the betterment of the agricultural field.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016