GMCS, ITT and OP Course Now Offering Online Registration Facilities
ICAI came up with an interesting announcement that CA students are going to love. For long, CA students have been tormented by the fact that had to physically go and register for courses like GMCS, ITT and OP. They can now bypass this pain and register for these different course through an online portal. It is quick, easy and effective! Being an online portal, CA students from all over India can quickly register without worrying about the demographic barriers. This article will walk you through the step by step guide to registration process and will also sum up different modules made available.
Registering with the online portal for GMCS, ITT and OP Courses
In order to register online for GMCS, ITT or OP courses, the first thing that is required is to register with the portal. The process of registration is simple but slightly different from registration process found in usual website on the web. So, here is how it all works:
Step 1: First thing first, you need to remember your CPT registration number. If you don’t have it memorized, find the number and keep it handy.
Step 2: If you are a direct entry student, you will still have a registration number. Find it and keep it handy.
Step 3:Click on this link here http://www.icaionlineregistration.org/StudentRegistrationForCaNo.aspx to end up on the registration page.
Step 4: Here you will notice a small form with CPT Route pre-selected. If you have CPT registration number, enter the number and click on submit. In case you are a direct entry student, select the other option (in this case you will need to click on and select the other radio button) and then enter your registration number.
Step 5: Once the system receives a registration number, a registration form will show up. This is where you will have to fill in all the details accurately. There are some mandatory fields which are marked with a small star like shape known as asterisk. You need make sure that those fields are properly filled in.
Step 6: Provide a proper username and password. Keep a note of both. You will need them for logging into the account you are creating.
Step 7: Take your time and check and recheck the form. Make sure that you eliminate any human error and that the form data is absolutely accurate. Once you are convinced that everything as accurate, hit the submit button. Wait until the system shows a ‘registration successful’ message.
Step 8: Now follow this link http://www.icaionlineregistration.org/Admin_Module/Login.aspx to login into the system using the username and password you created during the registration process.
Voila! You have successfully registered with ICAI’s online portal and now you can go ahead and register for different courses online!
Now let us take a look at the primary features of ICAI online portal:
The primary features of the ICAI online portal are divided into four segments which are: Students Module, Faculty Module, POU Module and HO Admin Module.
Module for students provides following features:
- Students are allowed to register from any location in the country.
- Students can register for any batch they find open.
- Students can select to pay for their courses either using offline options or they can do so through online gateway offered by ICAI online platform.
- All students who register through the online platform will get connected with the students’ database of ICAI.
- Students can use the online platform to get transferred from one batch to another.
- A single Sign-On at ICAI online platform will provide access to all courses available. Students do not need to separately register and sign-in for each course.
- Students can get their completion certificate generated online.
Module for faculty provides following features:
- Faculty can register for all POU courses online.
- They too can use a single Sign-On as a gateway to all course.
- Once registered, they are allowed to edit and/or modify their registration details whenever they want to.
- They will receive status of approval or disapproval through the platform itself.
Module for POU provides following features:
- Batch registration status can be checked through the online platform.
- For all courses, batches can be launched directly from the online platform.
- Faculty data can be accessed using the portal for different subjects offered through the portal.
- For reconciliation, student data for individual batches can be pulled out, complete with the payment information for each student.
- Attendance sheet can be printed for each batch or for each student.
- In case a batch of students decided to make batch transfer, the online platform can be used for report generation, which can then be used for claiming money from individual branches.
- Again, for the purpose of reconciliation, MIS reports can be easily generated for the total number of batches that have been organized and number of students in each batch.
- Students’ attendance can be approved directly from the online platform.
- A registered faculty can either be approved or disapproved directly from the platform.
Module for HO Admin provides following features:
- Registered students can be monitored both according to POU and according to course.
- Registered faculty can also be monitored both according to POU and course.
- Feedback forms that are filled up by the students can be monitored directly from the online platform.
- Attendance of all students can be monitored at POU level directly from the online platform.
- Reports of ITT examinations held can be viewed online for each POU.
- New POU can be added anytime using the online platform.
- The platform can be used for generating faculty reports per batch, student reports per batch, student attendance report per batch, certificates for each batch etc.
Here are the rules that have been laid down by ICAI:
- Students who opt for ITT training with batches that will be trained at Regional Office of Mumbai will not be allowed to opt for offline registration. All registrations will have to be mandatorily done through online platform.
- Online registration has been active since July 23, 2012 and opens every day at 11:00 AM. Students who come first are served first.
- All students who register with WIRC website will receive a registration copy.
- Students are required to pay 4000 rupees DD drawn in favor of ICAI (full name of the institute is to be used). This DD has to be paid offline with 10 days from the date of registration completed online.
- The registration copy and application form are to be provided all with the demand draft while paying for the course fee. All receipts and documents are then to be delivered physically to the Institute’s Decentralized office located at Colaba, Mumbai.
- Once ICAI receives the money payment receipt, the registration of candidates will be completed.
- Batches once allotted cannot be switched after registration has been completed.
- Any incorrect information provided during the registration process will eventually lead to cancellation of registration.
That’s pretty much everything about online registration for ITT, GMCS and OP. In case of any queries, kindly get in touch with ICAI at contact numbers found at this link.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016