When it comes to paying our property tax, there are lots of questions going on in our minds. Before the age of internet, paying for property tax was certainly a cumbersome exercise when we had to run around from table to table for sorting out our bills and payments.
Now, this has become easy and convenient. In this article, we would cover almost everything you would like to know about Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation GHMC Property Tax online payment serivces provided by eseva.
How to make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment?
Before making payment for GHMC Property Tax online, you need to have the following details handy with you:
- You should be aware of your New or old GHMC Property tax identification number, i.e. PTIN Number
- You should be aware of your GHMC Circle. If you are not sure of which circle your property falls within, you can check it online too.
- This information is also available on your previous bills. If you have them with you, search them and you would know your GHMC PTIN and your GHMC circle
- If nothing works out, you can get in touch with your GHMC property tax inspector. He would certainly be the right person to guide you through.
Once you are ready with the above information, you can proceed to make payments for your property tax. Follow the below mentioned steps:
Go to the official website or eseva center and you need to select your GHMC circle. Thereafter you are required to input your PTIN (Property Tax Identification Number) in the box provided once you go to official site.
- Once the details are entered, click on ‘Submit’.
- The next page would display details like GHMC Current Tax, Arrear Tax, etc.
- On this page, you can select the bill that you want to pay and click on ‘Pay’ button, which would direct you to the payment page.
- You can pay your GHMC property tax online through a number of payment methods, i.e. debit card, credit card or through net banking. Choose which ever option is applicable.
- A number of banks are authorized for net banking option by GHMC portal.
As you can see, almost every bank is authorized for GHMC net banking payments. You should have internet banking option with any of the above mentioned banks and you would be able to pay your GHMC Property Tax online through net banking.
How to check your GHMC property tax dues?
The good news is, you can check your property tax dues online. To check that, visit the official website or eseva center and follow the below steps:
- On the opening page, input your PTIN or ASMT
- Select your applicable GHMC Circle
The next window will show how much property tax is due on your name.
If you do not have a PTIN, you can check the details though your Door Number, Owner’s Name or Old PTIN as well. However, a unique PTIN is allotted to every Tax Assessee and if you do not know your PTIN, you can check it from your previous property tax bills.
How is GHMC property tax calculated?
The GHMC property tax is calculated somewhat like this:
3.5 x total plinth area (in square feet) x monthly rental as per circle value (per sq.ft. in Rs)
Whom to contact for GHMC Property Tax?
In case if you have any querries or concerns relating to GHMC property tax, you can always get in touch at the following address, either through mail or in person:
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
Commissioner Uppal Kalan MCH,
Uppal Kalan Municipality,
Uppal Cross Road
Hyderabad – 500039
We hope the above information would be helpful for you in paying your property tax. The details provided may vary from time to time, as regards to change from the government.