Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Scheme
In last 2 years Indians have witnessed a range of schemes and programmes by Modi government for the betterment of the nation. In last year on the day of Rashtriya Ekta Divas which was held on the 31st October, Shree Narendra Modi has announced another programme called Ek Bharat Sheshtha Bharat programme. The programme is all about exchanging the different cultures across the states and religion to make people understand the importance of different people, different culture, caste, religion and lifestyle of the people across different states. This program will be aiming to connect the cultures of one state to another. School students will be the main participants in this programme.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Programme
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced on the Rashtriya Ekta Divas by the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi. It is a programme that will be held in each state. The programme will take place mainly to connect the different culture of one state to another. Various schools will be participated in the programme and school students will be the participants.
According to the programme, the selected students will be sent from one state (say West Bengal) to another state (Say Maharashtra) and vice versa. Both the students’ group will learn about the two states, their cultures, lifestyle, people, festivals, fairs, literature, language and everything related to the states. The same will happen with other schools in other states.
This will be an annual programme. If the mentioned states connect each other in the year 2016, then in next year West Bengal will connect to other states and so does Maharashtra. In this way the process will be going on until all the states successfully connect to each other.
Before launching the programme, an online programme had taken place from November 2015 to December 2015 in the official government website www.mygov.in.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat to be launched
The programme Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced in the year 2015 on 31st October. But the programme has not been officially launched yet. As the officials say, the programme will be launched soon in the year 2016. While presenting the budget for 2016-17, the Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitly announced that the programme is to make a bridge between the states to make one best nation.
Before the official launch of the programme, Indian government has declared about a contest that is called Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat contest for the common people in their official portal mygov. The details of the contest are explained below.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Contest details
- EBSB contest was started on 5th November 2015 and lasted for more than one month. It ended on 25th December 2015.
- According to the contest anyone from the nation can register and participate in this contest and share their suggestions to make a better India. Also they can place their ideas about how the programme can be a successful one.
- Along with the ideas and suggestions citizens can share different indicative themes and raise topics, based on which the programme can be successfully constructed. There are several points that can be mentioned in the suggestions.
- The covered points on which the citizens can place ideas and suggestions are:
- Role of Central as well as state government in the programme implementation
- How do the modern communication tools like social networking can be helpful in this programme
- How can private sector, government sector and common people can connect and work together
- How to make the programme a common people’s movement instead of government’s movement towards betterment of the nation
- Identifying and documenting the success stories
- Whoever will be participated is expected to submit their innovative and original ideas on mentioned fields to encourage the programme. The contest has launched to welcome people’s point of views on how they want government to perform. Their original and creative ideas were the source of success of the programme.
- The winners of the contest will be awarded by price money and a certificate from the Prime Minister. The Price money will be:
- 1st price: Rs. 1, 00,000/-
- 2nd price: Rs. 75, 000/-
- 3rd price: Rs. 50,000/-
- The contest is over and the winners are being declared. Aniket Choudhury from Jammu & Kashmir, Tushar Khatri from Delhi and Shashi Kulkarni from Pune are the names of the winner for EBSB contest.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Key features
- The programme is all about connecting culture of one state to another.
- In this programme the each state will cross the boundary of one particular state each year to know about their culture, language, travel, trade, food, festivals and everything.
- It is an annual cultural programme that will be held in each state and schools and their students will participate in the programme.
- The programme will be launched in the year 2016.
- The programme is inspired by the freedom fighter Shree Ballav Bhai Patel. That is why on his 140th birthday anniversary Shree Narendra Modi has announced the programme.
- Students of each state will be travelling to the selected state to know the language and culture of the later and also promote their own culture and language there.
- The government has already formed a unique team of experts who will be supervised the entire programme. They will be the in-charge of participants, their travel and their performance as well.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Rules
The rules under the EBSB scheme are:
- The scheme is an annual programme.
- Only selected students of selected schools can participate in the programme.
- Only one state will connect to another state in a year. If Bengal connects with Maharashtra this year, then Bengal won’t be allowed to connect to other state in this same year.
- The government will take the responsibility of the students who will be travelling across the states.
- Each student has to learn the other connected state’s language, at least few sentences and a local language song.
- Students will have to participate in any of the festivals which take place in the state. For instance students of Punjab have to attain Onam or Pongal in Kerala.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Duration
As mentioned Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat is an annual programme. Each year each state will get a chance to connect another state. The programme will last till all the states are being covered and all the states finish connecting each other.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Purpose and aim
India is one such nation that has immense numbers of different cultures. Many people don’t have any idea about other states, their language, their food, their culture, trade and everything. The programme is mainly launched to make people aware of the different cultures our country have. The aim or purposes of the programme are:
- To make one (ek) India and the best (shreshtha) nation in the world.
- To help inhabitants of one state to know about the inhabitants of other states.
- To know more about the traditional lifestyle, culture and language of each states.
- To prevent religious and cultural differences, prevent the so-called intolerance and make a better single and strong nation.
- To let common citizens to participate in the programme and help them to create a developed nation.
- Participating in different festivals and fairs from different states and cultures will give the students more opportunity to explore more about the Indian history and culture.
- With Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Contest the government has made the programme a common people’s movement. It will no longer be a government’s movement towards making India. It has become a people’s movement as they have received nearly 3400 innovative ideas to make the programme successful.
- To gather the entire nation and make them decide with their creative ideas how they want their nation to be.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Benefits
- The programme will help everyone to know different cultures
- Travelling across states will bring new opportunities for the students to explore more about tradition, cultures and Indian languages
- Participating in several fair, festivals and other activities in other states will help to witness a whole new different world to the students
- Exchanging such cultures and lifestyles between states will help the states to connect with each other in every aspect.
- Travelling over the states will make state tourism more flourish.
- With the launch of the contest common people could get connected with the government and also could suggest their own original ideas and suggestions to make a better nation.
- To supervise the programme and its activity, government has appointed a group of experts who will look after the details of the programme.
- Government schools and some private schools will get a chance to participate in the programme.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Disadvantages
- The programme has not launched yet. But some of the people from across the nation are complaining about it. Though there is not much disadvantage as of now, but still some of the facts cannot be avoided.
- The programme is only for the school students who are probably too young to understand the basic culture and trade of the states.
- Before launching the programme, the government has announced that they want ideas from the common people. This makes a lot of buzz around the country as people say government is running out of innovative ideas to make a strong nation so they asked the citizen to give their inputs.
- Students from all over the state will travel from one place to another but their parents are not allowed. This creates another point against the programme as many guardians will not allow their kids to travel in such manner.
- The programme was announced in October 2015 and it is still not launched.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Future
- As of now the future of the programme looks bright. The authorities are positive about the programme as they think this programme will help the states to connect with each other on the basis of culture and religion as well.
- Already the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat contest was successful. Nearly 3400 entries were being registered for the contest. Only three applicants declared as winners as per the rules. So it can be said that people are getting more excited about the implementation of the programme.
- Students who will be travelling across the state will get a chance to study something which is out of the book and close to more real life. They will be meeting, participating and witnessing more practical knowledge than bookish education.
- Also according to the Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modi, the programme will bring all the states together.
- Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitly stated that this kind of programmes not only help one to know more about the country but also helps one to grow more.
- Modi ji is also optimistic about the fact that the programme will bring down the distance and hatred between different culture and so called intolerance can be prevented.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat – at a glance
|Sl. No.||Points to know||Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat|
|1||About||It is a programme that lets one state connect to other and exchange their cultures|
|3||Contest||Common people can register and submit their ideas on how to make the programme successful|
|4||Announcement||31st October 2015|
|5||Inspired by||Ballav Bhai Patel|
|6||Benefits||To know about cultures, language, food, festivals, tour, trade and much more of the state|
|7||Duration of the programme||It is an annual programme|
|8||Process||Each student has to learn a sing in different language (Punjabi student to learn Tamil song if she/he connects to Tamil Nadu under the scheme)|
A LEGACY TO REMEMBER
In the Year 1996, a Javed Ahmad from Kashmir suffered grave injuries resulting to a disability after he was brutally shot by a terrorist. Prime Minister Modi immediately responded to such a tragedy by making a call to the people to donate organs and give help however and whenever they can.
The brave Prime Minister described how “Ahmad lost the capacity to stand on his feet again and how an innocent had to suffer in such a manner, that despite the fact that his youth has been endangered and yet there was no anger or outrage. The young man did not accept defeat and transformed such crisis into a whole new opportunity of serving the masses and diligently dedicated his life to social service. Courageously and with much fervor, he taught children for the last twenty (20) years, has challenged himself to contribute and presently work on how to improve infrastructures of public and government places for the disabled.”
Such an act of valor coming from a man who went through tremendous pain is remembered most especially on the Disability day this coming December 3.
The Prime Minister gave this story as an example which should be followed in connection with the motto “Ek Bharat- Shreshtha Bharat” for the greater good and the benefit of the nation.
Seize Opportunities. Start Small, Think Big.
Prime Minister Modi deeply understands the power of words through persuasion and how to capture the attention of millions by being a trail blazer and initiator of the good. He has high hopes that the motto ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat” will be an effective medium to unite all of India.
During his Radio Programme Mann Ki Baat last Sunday, he expressed that “Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty and that the unity of the country, the values and culture must continue.” He desires that the “Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat be the shape of a scheme.”
The Prime Minister requested for suggestions regarding the My Gov Platform, as to its structure, logo and to invite public awareness and cooperation from the public. It has been reported that more people are showing their concern and sharing their ideas over the social media. Everyone is being encouraged by the Prime Minister to put in their own creative thoughts in order to strengthen the goal of the programme and amazingly, the people are responding.
Undoubtedly, the primary focus of such scheme is to “make the mantra of unity and integrity and that of ‘Ek Bharat-shreshtha Bharat’ a powerful tool to unite every Indian.
Advocate of Change
Before flight to Paris on an urgent global summit about climate change, PM Modi motivated the people and encouraged everyone to have alternatives on conserving energy since global warming is already creating chaotic events and catastrophes in countries such as the latest reports of heavy rain in Chennai, and the massive rains that recently flooded Tamil Nadu which caused major losses in government funds and loss of lives.
As an advocate for peace and unity, he also discussed his proposal in creating a SAARC Disaster Response Mechanism where he started such project through a meeting in Delhi. A man of great courage, Prime Minister Modi practices what he preaches by performing complex activities and effective programs, striving for excellence while at the same time helping the whole nation to be ready to the aftershocks of life. Commitment and Leadership are his Forte in building a nation of excellent men and women.