eBasta: New Portal for Students to download School Books
Digital empowerment is quite necessary for development of any society and country in today’s times. The Government of India has launched the Digital India Program in order to create digital empowerment and thus build a digital infrastructure so that every citizen can view and use the information and services required by them.
What is eBasta?
Keeping in mainstream the digital empowerment phenomenon, the government of India has launched eBasta portal that would help students in India to download their school text books and keep abreast with the latest knowledge both within curriculum and outside curriculum. This platform would bring together retailers, teachers and students where in students can have access to their required books online.
How does eBasta work?
The stakeholders of the eBasta Portal are the publishers, eBasta App, the teachers and the students. This is how eBasta Portal services work:
- If a student/user wants to use the eBasta portal, he/she needs to install the app first.
- The teachers and students would be responsible to customize the content of the portal according to their education needs.
- As per the content and requirement set by the students and teachers, the publishers would upload only relevant content to their portal for their app to use the same way.
- Once the content is uploaded by the publishers, the students can download the content of their relevance using the eBasta app.
Features of eBasta Portal Services
The meaning of Basta in Hindi language is a school bag. When you add the letter é’ meaning electronic and digital, it clearly suggests that eBasta is a digital school bag which would comprise of the online books and digital information that students can use for their studies, same as they use their school bags for storing their study materials.
Some of the features of eBasta are as following:
- The digital curriculum material could be accessed from the eBasta portal through laptops and tablets and students can read their books of relevance online.
- The eBasta would comprise of all school books required by the students
- Some of the resources that would be available in digital format would be things like videos, audio books, animations, simulations, text books, etc.
- In order to navigate and access the framework of eBasta, a web based application would be available.
- The school authorities and teachers can log on to the portal and customize the curriculum resources of eBasta in line with the syllabus they are following for their students
- The eBasta would cater to students of all grades and schools
- Students would be required to download the reading content on their tablets or laptops
- The android app on eBasta services would work more or less like an eBook reader. The content on eBasta would be conveniently transferable to other devices.
- eBasta is going to make publishers sit at a better end by enabling them to increase their reach to every student and schools across the country. This way they can reach students in any part of Indian and sell their digital content.
What are the benefits of eBasta for Publishers and Students?
- Publishers are responsible for publishing their books and distributing it throughout to the students. Under the normal hard copy format, feedback on their study material often doesn’t reach the publishers. Through eBasta, the feedback for the content published by the publisher would be instant and this way the content could be edited and customized effectively.
- The Digital Right Management would ensure that the publishers no more have to worry about the piracy and copyright issues for whatever content they upload.
As a matter of fact, the eBasta service is quite new, however, there are a number of books and content that you can already find on the portal. With increase in popularity and demand of eBasta services, the government is surely going to bask in glory and content of the success of this entire campaign.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016