I once stepped in a Salon and refreshed myself with a relaxing spa and a hair-cut. Upon realising that I was short of money and stuck in this gigantic mall where my partner would come only after 2 hours, I convinced the salon manager to keep my Voter ID as a proof and would pay once my partner arrives. And yes, I managed to window shop for the next 2 hours with the help of my Voter ID card.
Voter ID card is an indispensable Identity today.
It not only makes you eligible to vote during elections but also makes you a registered adult citizen of India. India being a democratic country, the process of election happens in a systematic manner in which the representative or the local government is elected by us with the help of our voter ID card, also known as ‘Right to Vote’.
This card is issued by Chief Election Commission officers after successful application-verification process.
I would be screwed if I lost my Voter ID card, I thought so! But as we all know, life is becoming simpler these days. If you lose your Voter ID card anytime, do not worry, and just follow my article.
Procedure to apply for Duplicate Voter ID card offline
- The moment you lose your Voter ID card, file an FIR immediately.
- Keep the FIR copy safe for further proceedings.
- Pay a penalty of INR 25 and Collect Form 002 for the issuance of duplicate Voter ID Card.
- Fill in the form and attach the FIR copy along.
- Also attach other relevant documents that certify the proof of your identity like passport or driving license.
- Submit the file to regional chief Election commission office. To quickly locate your nearest office click here.
- You will receive a receipt of acknowledgment.
- You can now check the status of your Voter card online and accordingly expect the delivery time of your card.
Procedure to apply for Duplicate Voter ID card Online
This process can also be done online which saves your precious time and efforts. To do so,
- Download Form 002 from your state’s Election commission website.
- Fill the form with complete and accurate details.
- Submit all your proofs, Form 002 and FIR through the state’s Election commission website.
Isn’t this simple?
For any further queries you may contact the office of Chief Electoral Officers of your state.
Other Important Articles