Download CBSE 10th and 12th Rechecking Revaluation Form
Once the board results come pout the rush for many things start. Students get their mark sheets, starts researching on the colleges, start applying for the seats, attesting the mark sheet copies and many more tasks get lined up at once. Among all these tasks one of the most difficult and important task is paper rechecking or revaluation of the answer sheet. Many of you don’t get satisfied with your marks that you acquire in some specific papers. You may be willing to give it a try and submit the paper again for rechecking or revaluation. The process is lengthy yet simple.
What is rechecking or revaluation of the answer sheet?
Before proceeding to the rechecking steps you must know what is rechecking of answer sheet. When you write your paper you get an idea about how much score you will get on that particular paper. But sometimes when you get your final result, it will not show up as expected. In this situation students opt for rechecking the paper. It isn’t something that you can see or review your paper, it is just that your examiner will recheck you answer sheet again to be double sure that all your answers are correctly seen and whether the examiner missed any point or not.
In rechecking it is not necessary that your number will increase, sometimes numbers don’t change and at the worse sometimes they cut down as well.
How to apply for rechecking of your answer sheet?
To apply for the rechecking or revaluation of your answer sheet there are two major steps to follow. One is “verification” and the other one is “online Application”
In earlier days, students had to visit the board’s office, take the offline forms, fill it up and submit then and there for the rechecking. But as the time passes by the steps and procedures have changed with time as well. Now students do not need to visit the board’s office or wait for longer time in queues to submit their application. It can be done easily through online application.
Before applying for the rechecking, the verification process is necessary for each student. The few steps needed for the verification process are
- Visit the official website of the CBSE board
- Click on the 10th or 12th results
- You need to ask for the digital answer sheet there in that section
- Once your application is accepted and you will get your answer sheet check it thoroughly
- You can check your marks and how they are given to the answers you have written
- If you are satisfied with the marks you have got then cancel the further procedure and leave the page. But if you are not satisfied and felt the answer sheet should be sent fot rechecking then proceed further for revaluation on the same page.
Application Form and Submission
Once you are sure that your answer sheet needs revaluation you need to proceed further. The steps are as follows
- Open the following link in your web browser http://cbseonline.ernet.in/rchk/rchk10.aspx
- Enter your roll number in the first box, then your school number (given in your admit card) and then in the last box enter your centre no.
- If you are a private student then mention 99999 in the school no section.
- Click on the “proceed” button once you are done with the details
- After providing the details you will be redirected to the page where your application form is available. You will get application number. Note it down for further reference.
- Now you need to pay for the rechecking of your answer sheet.
- Make the payment online via any mode like credit card, debit card or net banking and follow further instructions given in the web page
- Once you are done with the payment you can check your payment status by clicking on this link http://cbseonline.ernet.in/rchk/rchkFeeStatus.aspx
- Enter your application number and check your payment status.
- The next step will be checking your revaluation status. When the rechecking is done, you will get your final result on the official website. But before that you can check the status of your paper revaluation.
- Click on this link http://cbseonline.ernet.in/rchk/rchkStatus.aspx
- Enter your application number and roll number
- Click on the Proceed button to check your application status.
Charges for the rechecking of the answer sheet
- As mentioned there are few steps for rechecking, there are different charges for it as well. The charges are as follows:
- To verify your answer sheet you need to pay Rs. 300/- per subject
- Once the verification is done, you can ask for a photocopy of the evaluated paper. To apply for the photocopy of the evaluated paper you need to pay Rs. 700/- per subject.
- When you are applying for the rechecking your paper, you can only submit at the max 10 questions for rechecking as per the rule of the CBSE board. The charges for each question will be Rs. 100/-.
- All the charges and fees can be paid through online banking transfer only or through e-challan. No offline such as through postal services fees are being taken from the candidates.
These are the different level charges applicable for the rechecking of your answer sheet.
Why do you need rechecking?
Rechecking is an optional activity. You don’t always need to recheck your paper. It is needed if you are well confident about your performance in the examination. As you can see in this article that there are several steps and processes are involved in rechecking, you might get confused whether to apply for revaluation or not. But if you’re confident about your paper then you must go for it.
Rechecking Process – quick view
|Website||CBSE official site||CBSE official site|
|Fees||Rs. 300/- per subject||Rs. 100/- per question|
|Needful information||Roll number, date of birth||Roll no, school no, centre no.|