London is one of the most famous tourist destinations all over the world. Most of us want to travel to London to see natural and historical beauty of this grand old city. But to reach here from places other than UK, you would require a VISA. We would like to let you know the documents that are required for UK tourist VISA from India.
First of all make sure that you have a valid passport which is valid for more than 6 month at the time of travel.
Now go to link http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ to fill the online form and schedule the appointment for Biometrics and documents verification. This will ask you to create a login with a valid email address.
Documents required for UK tourist VISA from India
Information to verify your details
- Print out of the online form. Application form should be duly completed and signed by the applicant (or the legal guardian for children)
- Print out of the appointment slip that should contain the bar code. Appointment will be booked once your online form is completed
- One identical ID photo less than 1 month old and meeting set standards – which must be attached to the application form. Size of photo – 45 millimeters (mm) high x 35 mm wide
- Passport, original – A signed full national private passport or official travel document valid for at least more than 6 months beyond the validity of the requested visa, with two blank visa pages with the mention “visa” to affix the visa sticker. It should be issued less than 10 years ago and without any damage.
- Passport, copy – 2 Copies of the passport containing personal identity information including all other VISA
- Old passports, original – If you are in possession of one or more previous passports, it is mandatory to bring it.
- Old passports, copy – Copies of the passport containing personal information, and all the pages which contains visas.
Accommodation and travel details
- Hotel booking, original (email of the booking also valid). If you are staying with your family member or friend then you need invitation letter from them stating their address and also VISA copy of your relative staying in UK i.e. Bio pages of passport and UK VISA or Residential permit.
- Hotel booking, copy (in case of Hotel)
- Proof of travel, original – A confirmed return ticket to UK or booking fully paid from your travel agent
- Proof of travel, copy
Information about your finances and employment
- Six Month Bank Statement dully sealed by banking officer – In the Account statement account holder name should be same as applicant
- No objection certificate if you are Working, original – Letter from your employer stating your Job and position and should have no objection for this travel
- No objection certificate if you are Working, copy
- Last six months payslips, original
- Last six months payslips, copy
- If you Business owner then proof of business would be required
- Last three years form 16 or IT return – If you do not have for last three years then show as many as you have
- Proof of financial means of support, original – This is show that you are capable of spending money while traveling. It could include property deeds or fixed deposits in bank. If you have a shared ownership then it should state your share.
- Travel Insurance – Not mandatory but it is good to have.
In Addition to this you would also require
- Marriage Certificate, original – If you are married
- Birth certificate, original – If you have children
For dependants i.e. Wife and children Financial Information will not be required but rests of the documents are required i.e. Information to verify your details & Accommodation and travel details
NB: – We are not authorized agent for UK visa but this post is an initiative to share the information that we have regarding this. We have tried to cover all aspects of VISA but still there can be different case for which you may need to contact VISA authority.