Deen Dayal Awas Yojana in Haryana
Shelter is one of the basic needs for any human and it is almost every man’s dream to have a own a house. But then in India there are still many families who are still homeless. So keeping this factor in mind the government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana that is aimed at providing affordable houses to the homeless people of the country. Different states of the country have adopted this scheme and as a result the Deen Dayal Awas Yojana was launched in Haryana.
|S.No||Things Need to Know about Deen Dayal Awa Yojana||Detailed Information|
|1||Name of the scheme||Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana (DDJAY)|
|2||Scheme Launched by||Haryana Government|
|3||Launch date of the scheme||1st November 2016|
|4||Objective of the scheme||Provide affordable houses to the homeless people of the State|
|5||Scheme implementation||Entire State of Haryana|
The Haryana Government, earlier this year, announced the implementation if the Affordable Plotted Housing Policy in the lower and medium potential towns in the state of Haryana. Under this initiative of the Haryana government will encourage housing developers from the private sector to develop more than 1 lakh dwelling units in the state.
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of this scheme is to provide affordable house to all the homeless people of the state and encourage the private developers to build affordable houses in the state. The focus will be on developing dwelling colonies that are of low cost but are of high density. The houses would be mainly built in the low and medium potential towns. Also the objective here would be to shift the industries developed in the residential area to some other locations, which would be in the interest of the industrial units.
About the scheme
In this scheme the private developers of the State will be developing housing complex or dwelling units under the supervision of the government of Haryana. This will lead to the decrease in the increasing development of unauthorized colonies in the state.
The private builders and developers can apply for license grant under this scheme for constructing houses under the Deen Dayal Yojana. Once the developer gets the grant from the State government they can start working on the development of the dwelling units for the homeless in the state. Houses under this scheme can be built in any part of the state excepting places like Gwalpahari, Sohna, Faridabad, Gurugram, Panckhula, Panipat and Sonupat.
Features of the scheme
If a real estate builder has been granted license under this scheme then they have to follow some rules have been announced by the state government of Haryana. Here are the details about it-
- If a project is being taken up by a builder under this scheme then the project has to be finished completely with the coming 7 years. The 7 years calculation will start from the date of the license approval.
- Under this scheme only residential sector not more than 30% of the total planned area under the residential zone, including 20% of the area limit that is allow for group housing projects, will be allowed under this scheme for building houses.
- Also the builders will have to acquire the land for building the houses by themselves, the government will not provide the land. Also the land owners will be free to sell their land at the market rate. So the builders will not be given any subsidy for buying the land.
- Under this scheme the farmers of the states will also be helped to build their house on their own lands.
- It has also been mentioned that the minimum net planned area for projects shall be 5 acres and the maximum would be 15 acres. Also the developers should remember that not more than 10% of the area licensed should fall under the sector roads. Also the roads in the colony should be at least 9 meters.
- Under this scheme the maximum plot area that is allowed is 150 square meter. The builders will have to keep in mind all of this before applying for the building license under this scheme.
- There are also certain benefits that the builder would get for building houses under this scheme. The benefits would include minimized license and EDC fee, zero land usage conversion fee, and also no IDC.
It has been quite a few months that the scheme has been launched. Reports show that the scheme has been doing well since then and a lot of applications have been received from the private builders for the construction of housing colonies under this scheme.
The government of Haryana is trying its best to attract more and more builders to this scheme and has appealed to the people of Haryana to not opt for the unauthorized colonies in the state. With all these features the Deen Dayal Yojana comes as a beneficial option for the people of Haryana.
Benefits under the Deen Dayal Yojana
The Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana (DDJAY) was launched by the Indian prime minister recently on the day of Haryana’s golden Jubilee. As, home is one among the essentials for every common man to led his or her life in the society, the current NDA government introduced this strong innovative plans/scheme which can be implemented based on the state government interest.
Below listed are the few of the benefits which can be obtained under this DDJAY.
- Beneficiary people would able to get avail housing at the rate of Rs.1521 per square foot in areas like Panchkula which is dead cheap when compared with the real time price.
- Introduction of DDJAY would ends the development of unauthorized housing colonies in developed and developing areas by which government losses lot of income in the name of taxes.
- Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana often named as Affordable Plotted Housing Policy 2016 by people, since beneficiaries able to avail housing facilities at competitive rates.
- Also under this Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana, land owners able to enjoy the full freedom of selling their self owned lands equal to the current market rates.
Decision taken by the State government of Haryana of building 2 Lakh houses in the state under this newly launched scheme of Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana would enables common man to avail the cheap housing faculties in developed towns/cities of the state. With this DDJAY scheme government able to restrict the private companies/agencies growth in illegal constructions across the state of Haryana.
However, finance experts expressed their worries about managing the expenses caused because of launching this affordable housing scheme. At the same time, proper guidelines must be given to the appropriate members on offering houses under this scheme in order to ensure the scheme benefits reaches the desired people of the state.