Life now is getting simple and simpler in every walks of life. One clear live example is that of Universal Account Number (UAN) which has landed a trouble free process in the hands of the audience. Yes, now you can get and check UAN number status online. Provident Fund (PF) is now portable and can also be registered and checked online!
The better part is that the salaried people of India will not have to bear the lengthy process for details related to their own PF account. A single ‘Click’ and all that you are wanting to know about your own account will be there live in front of your screen.
How to Check UAN number Status Online:
Below is the 4 step flow diagram on how to check UAN number status online and the details of each step.
Step 1: Visit the EPFO member Portal
A 12-digit UAN is allotted to EPF member by Employee Provident Fund Organization. This EPFO portal has separate areas of access for employers and employees.
You can simply click here
Once you have the site open, you will see on the top left “Know your UAN Status” marked in red colour as below. Click on the same.
Step 2: Enter PF Details
After you click on the red colour marked “Know your UAN status”, fill in the details as asked for with utmost care and attention.
- Select your state. This is where your office is registered. Switching jobs? Stay relaxed, you can look at the first two letters like MH for Maharashtra and similar for other states.
- After choosing state, select your PF office region as there may be several regions.
- The time you fill the above two columns, the next two automatically appears on your screen and you can just verify the same with your PF number.
- Then enter the organization number which is same for all employees in an organization.
- Moving towards end, there is a column where you have to fill in the extension which in most cases is 000 but may not be in your PF Number. So you can avoid it.
- Finally fill in your unique, but maximum 7 digit PF number.
Step 3: Verification Details
In this stage, you have to fill in your basic personal details online like below.
Don’t forget to tick mark the ‘I Agree” button
Step 4: Check UAN number Status
After the above process is completed, to check your UAN number status online, just enter the details below.
In this new system, you can also change your mobile number and email address, upload your KYC data, link your previous PF accounts, withdraw after job, check your balance and various other services makes this system very handy to both employers and employees.
The process initially can seem to be difficult. But we are sure to have made it simple for all of you. Once you follow the above as written in this article, you will be at ease and can comfortably and also quickly check the UAN number status online. Do comment in case of any help required.
Author of this article is Neha Madiya