How to Check and Track HDFC Credit Card Status Online
Plastic money has revolutionized the way we handle our money. Debit cards and credit cards allow easy cashless transaction almost everywhere. The best part is that if plastic money is somehow lost, it can blocked straight away by one single phone call to the customer care department of the issuing bank. Additionally, increased security features like One Time Password or card pin number during online or offline transactions allow to keep our money secure.
Credit cards in particular are extremely helpful because they are more like instant loans. You don’t have cash or you are falling short of money while buying something, the credit card comes to rescue. More like a pre-approved loan, all you have to do is to just swipe your card and you are done!
Assuming that you are very much aware of all the benefits and risks of owning a credit card, you have applied for the same with HDFC bank. Now what? You have to wait until your application is processed and the credit card is delivered to you through a courier service. The question is, what if the card did not arrive within the specified time frame? Do you need to head over to the bank to know about the exact status of the card?
Luckily, HDFC bank has made things simple for everyone. If you have your Application Reference Number, you can check the status of your card using a simple online interface. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Head over to the tracking page of HDFC http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/credit_card/cc_track
- You will notice a small form with the first field being that of Application Reference Number. As we said, you will be needing this number. It is a 16-digit (numeric) number. Type in the number accurately.
- The second field is for entering your mobile number and the third field is for entering your date of birth. You can fill either one of the two or both. However, you need to ensure that the details you are providing match accurately with the details provided in the application form.
- Once all the details have been provided, hit the Submit button and wait for the webpage to refresh. Once the page refreshes, you can see the status of your credit card.
You may not see any results. There can be several reasons for this. The most important one being that your application has not yet been processed. Alternately, it may be under processing and hence, no details are showing up. Be assured that you will see some result if the application has already been processed. In case your application has been rejected, you will see a message accordingly.
Now, what if you still don’t see any details after several days of waiting. Don’t panic! Just head for this link. This webpage lists all the possible methods that can be used for reaching out to the customer care department. Choose the method you find most appropriate and talk to a customer care representative.
Keep in mind that you will also have the option of calling or writing to Principal Nodal Officer. However, you should not do so until your talk to customer care rep. Only if customer care fails to provide an acceptable resolution, you should contact the Nodal Officer.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016