Voter ID is a crucial document for all Indian nationals for not only casting their votes but is also used as a common ID proof at various occasions. A voter ID for you means that you are a legal citizen of India and have the right to choose your elected representative in the government.
How to register for a voter ID card?
The process for registration of a voter ID card can be both online as well as offline depending upon the facilities available in respective states. As a matter of fact, registering online is much convenient and easier than using the offline process of registering for voter ID.
However, in remote areas, where people and officials do not have access to computers and internet, the obvious mode of registration is through the office of electoral officer.
How to register offline for Voter ID card?
Registering offline for voter ID means you would have to take hard copies of the documents of proof and walk up to the electoral office to get yourself through enrollment process. Follow these simple steps:
- Reach your nearest electoral office and you would be asked to fill Form 6, which is used to include your name in electoral list
- Along with Form 6, you would have to attach copies of Identity Proof and Address proof
- Submit the filled form and documents to the electoral office in order to get the details checked and address verified
- The electoral official would provide you a tentative time within which you would receive your voter ID card at your registered address
How to register for Voter ID online?
To register for your voter ID online, you need to be living in a state where online registration is available from electoral office. As a matter of fact, it is available in most of the states. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the link for registering in election enrollment and sign up as a new user
- Find Form 6 and fill it out online
- Upload your latest passport size photograph
- Scan the copies of identity and address proof and upload it to the link provided
Note: Even if you are not able to upload all the documents in the first go, you can still submit the application online and furnish the documents in hard copy to your Booth Level Electoral officer.
How to track the Check Status of Voter ID card application form
While you can use any of the online and offline processes of enrollment, you can always check the status of your voter ID application through any of the four options mentioned below:
- By visiting the respective online link provided by the electoral office. In most of the states in India, checking the status of voter ID has become online. For example, you can check the status of your voter ID in Delhi by visiting http://ceodelhi.gov.in/onlineerms/CheckApplicationStatus.aspx.
- You can also call the toll free number provided by the electoral office to check the status of your voter ID
- Visit your nearest electoral office physically and enquire with the officials there
- Get in touch with any elected representative in your locality
Getting registered in electoral list is quite crucial and is a moral responsibility for all Indian nationals above the age of 18 years in order to cast your vote. If you have not yet applied for your voter ID, please do so by following the above processes.
- Things to Know before investing in LIC
- Fixed Income Other then FDs
- Points to remember before investing in FDs
- Childs Educational Plan