In this article we are providing the details on how to get CBSE duplicate certificate (marksheet) online of class 10th and 12th. Class 10th and 12th mark sheets are crucial for anyone in life. If there are somehow misplaced, burnt or missing, we often panic and don’t know what to do. Well, the simple solution in this case is that you should get a CBSE duplicate mark sheet from the CBSE board you appeared for. In this article we would cover on the process of getting a duplicate CBSE marksheet of class 10th and 12th
Step to get CBSE Duplicate Certificate (Marksheet) of 10th and 12th Ofline
- First of all, download the form for duplicate mark sheet from CBSE form download link. Make sure that your computer is connected to a printer. If not, you can save the form in PDF format and get it printed later. Below is the sample form
- Fill the form neatly with relevant and applicable information. Following are the general information you would be required to fill in:
- Your Name
- Your Father’s Name
- Your Mother’s Name
- Name of the certificate/mark sheet required. In this case, write ‘Duplicate Mark Sheet for 10th or 12th’
- Mention the statement of marks, i.e. Main or Compartment
- Name of Exam you appeared for including year and month
- Your Roll Number
- Subjects appeared for
- Your Date of Birth, as recorded in your CBSE exam
- Enter the payment details like DD/PO, DD Number, Amount, Date, etc. If you are personally visiting the Regional office, mention ‘Cash’
- Your correspondence address where you would like to receive the duplicate mark sheet
- Your signature
Documents required along with CBSE duplicate marksheet Form
- Duly filled application form
- Copy of Press Note or Advertisement in any of the leading newspaper. This is very
- An affidavit for lost mark sheet on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 10 should be attached with the form. You can get this affidavit from any notary in your area.
- A self addressed envelope bearing your name and address along with phone number with appropriate postal stamp should be attached if you want the duplicate mark sheet to be delivered to your address.
The Fee for duplicate CBSE certificate is Rs 50, however, if the candidate wants to get the certificate urgently, he or she would have to pay an extra of Rs 50 for that and the CBSE duplicate marksheet would be delivered without 48 hours, excluding national holidays.
Candidates applying for CBSE duplicate marksheet after year 1991 from Chennai Region should apply to CBSE Chennai Regional office only. Candidates prior to 1991 should apply to CBSE Regional Office Ajmer.
Step to get CBSE Duplicate Certificate (Marksheet) of 10th and 12th Online using Digilocker
Last month CBSE, ICSE and other 10th and 12th board examination results came out. Students from across the country have got their grades and marks through several online portals. In 2016, the government has introduced the facility of digital mark sheet for the CBSE students from 10th and 12th standards. That means from this year onwards students will be able to download the digital copy of their mark sheets anytime after results come out.
What is digital mark sheet?
Basically digital mark sheet is an online copy of your final mark sheet that you receive from your school as a piece of paper. The digital copy or soft copy of your mark sheet can be downloaded from the website by following few simple steps.
How to get the Digital mark sheet?
Each student who appeared for 10th or 12th CBSE examinations can get their mark sheets from the official website DigiLocker. The website is launched by the government of India.
How does DigiLocker work?
DigiLocker is a cloud based online portal which has joined hands with CBSE board. They initiated the partnership to provide the marks and mark sheet to the students of 10th and 12th board examinations. DigiLocker is a certified data storage where CBSE board can store, share and publish huge data of the students, their marks and mark sheets of each student.
To receive the marks and mark sheet from DigiLocker students need to log in to the site. Login details will be sent to the registered mobile numbers via text messages.
How to download the mark sheet from DigiLocker?
To download the mark sheet the students need to have his / her log in details. The login details i.e., login ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number of the student via text message. There are few simple steps to get your mark sheet from DigiLocker. The steps are:
- Visit the website https://digilocker.gov.in/
- Sign up with your mobile number
- Receive your login details like ID and password
- Click on the option ‘get your 2016 CBSE digilocker mark sheet’
- Log in to the web portal with the login details you have received
- You will get two options: 10th result or 12th result
- Click on the class you are in
- Enter your roll number in the box given
- You will get your marks and mark sheet with the download option.
- Download the digital copy of the mark sheet and save it in your computer for future use.
The purpose of the DigiLocker and Digital Mark sheet
Basically we all know that the hard copy of the mark sheet can be used in several purposes. Admission in college or in higher studies, going for interviews or anything – in every sense we need our hard copy of the mark sheet. But the soft copy is also very important as now these days’ colleges and educational institutions are offering online application forms for admission in the higher education.
Some of the colleges and institutions request the applicants to upload the soft copy or digital copy of the mark sheet at the time of form submission. In that case one has to scan the mark sheet and upload it to the portal. From now onwards students can easily upload the duplicate copy of their digital mark sheet anywhere they are asked to.
Benefits of having digital mark sheet
- Already I have mentioned that the digital copy will be helpful for the applicants who are applying for further studies online
- Also if the applicant is travelling or has shifted to other location at the time of result out he / she does not need to worry as they can easily download their mark sheet and print it for further use
- On the other with the facility of digital copy of the mark sheet now students do not need to run to school to collect their mark sheets. They can easily print it and use it.
- As the mark sheet is just a piece of paper, it can be lost, destroyed or torn apart. But with a digital copy it will be in safe hands.
- The digital copy which is available online is attested by authorised signature. It was signed by a higher authority already so the copy does not need to be attested whereas a hard copy must be attested by any authorised signature before using it.
- DigiLocker, the official website brings an advantage of security as well. The portal creates unique ID for each student. With that unique ID he / she can log in to the portal, share and store their documents, download the mark sheet and can do lot more without any hassle as the entire process is being conducted through cloud computing.
Digital copy of the mark sheet – things to know
- Your digital mark sheet can be opened, downloaded and shared at anytime from anywhere
- If you fail to download or save the file on your computer you can always log in to the site and see your mark sheet at anytime.
- The downloaded mark sheet is already attested by authorised signature, so need to attest the copies
- Print the copy anytime and use it as original mark sheet as it has the same value
- The documents like your mark sheet is in safe hands, no one other than you can view, access or share your documents in the DigiLocker portal.
- DigiLocker has mobile application as well. Download the app on your phone and access your mark sheet from anywhere at any time.
Digital Mark Sheet – At a glance
|Digital copy of mark sheet||Can be Downloaded under DigiLocker|
|For the students of||CBSE, 10th and 12th standard|
|Signing up in the portal||By using your registered mobile number|
|Mobile App||DigiLocker has mobile app for Android users.|
|Attested||Digital copy is attested by authorised signature|
Other Important Articles