If you have been charged with California Speeding Ticket then you need to think about the situation you’ve gotten into. In some cases it might be best to pay off your ticket. However, that would result in a number of points on your driver’s license. This in turn will cause your car insurance costs to go up while also putting you at risk of losing your license if you get in any more trouble.
The risks that can come with a California Speeding Ticket can be a real threat to your life. That’s why you need to think about whether or not it would be a good idea for you to actually challenge your ticket if you ever have one.
You could challenge your California speeding ticket but you must only do so when the situation is right. The last thing you’d want to do is to get into a court case that you may not actually win.
Was the Environment Un-conducive?
In some cases you might find that the driving environment that you were in was not all that conducive to your needs while on the road. In particular, the lighting might have been poor or the information on the speed limit in an area was never posted anywhere. You might be able to get your ticket challenged if you are prove that the environment you were in was not all that conducive to your driving needs.
What About the Radar?
In some cases the radar that was used might be a factor
- The radar detector in a police officer’s vehicle might not have been properly calibrated or is not working as well as needed.
- Sometimes the officer might have also been moving while the speed was read.
- An older radar model might have been used as well.
You may want to do your research in terms of the nature of speeding tickets in the area that yours is in so you can figure out if there is any suspicious information out there surrounding your particular ticket.
What About the Situation?
In some cases many things can happen:
- You might have been targeted for speeding because you were trying to legally pass a slow-moving car in a lane.
- You might have been targeted because you have to maneuver your way out of a dangerous situation on the road and you had to temporarily increase your speed as a result.
- Sometimes the conditions of the pavement on the road might have buckled or gotten into conditions that forced you to speed up.
You may challenge your ticket if you can prove that the conditions you were in kept you from actually being able to handle the road as well as you might have wished you could.
What About Your Vehicle?
In some cases your vehicle might be an issue. That is:
- The vehicle may not be giving you the correct readout for your speed.
- In other cases your vehicle might be undergoing some real mechanical issues that are keeping you from having access to the right amount of support for keeping your car on the road.
You might want to take a look at whether or not your vehicle is the problem and if there is some kind of malfunction that is keeping it from working as well as it is supposed to. This could provide you with the means of getting assistance in defending your case.
Remember that not every time is a good time for when you are trying to challenge a California Speeding Ticket. Make sure you take a careful look at the terms that have come with the ticket you are challenging and why you were targeted so you can ensure that you’ll have enough control over the situation that you have been placed into.