Now Book Ola Taxi Offline using SMS
OLA Offline Feature is a feature that will allow an individual to book cab without internet connection. It will be a SMS based feature mainly. This feature is introduced to help people in case their internet balance is over and they need a taxi urgently. This feature was launched as a pilot project in smaller towns & cities in June, 2016. But now this feature will be panned through the rest of the cities of India where OLA is available in the coming weeks. Firstly, this feature will be launched in the four metro cities very soon. This is an interesting and useful feature to help an individual in case their internet balance gets over. However a user will be able to all the facilities of the app when they have an active internet connection.
Reason behind launching OLA Offline Feature
In the current generation Internet is considered similar to Oxygen. But an individual may often find themselves in a problematic situation when their data pack is over and they need to book a taxi and the regular taxis aren’t available. OLA Offline Feature will solve this problem as an individual will be able to book a taxi using the SMS feature of their phone if internet isn’t available.
The main reason behind launching OLA Offline Feature was to help the users of OLA app who are not in a Wi-Fi zone or are facing problems with their internet connection. So, if the data pack of a user is over and they are disconnected from internet, they will still be able to book a taxi with their smartphone using the OLA Offline Feature.
Procedures of using OLA Offline Feature
- First an individual will have to go to the OLA app on their smartphone.
- If their internet connection is unavailable, they will get two options in the app named Retry & Book via SMS.
- An individual will be able to select the option retry if they go to a place with better internet connectivity.
- If an individual is out of data pack and their internet connection is disconnected, they will have to select the option named Book via SMS and this option will take them to the default messaging app of the individual.
- An individual will be able to see a pre-entered message requesting OLA Cab upon selecting the Book via SMS option. They will have to send the text message after that.
- After that an individual will be provided with the details of the nearest available cabs to them across several categories through a return SMS.
- After than an individual will be obliged to select the category of their preferred cab and then they will be provided with the details of the driver & Cab instantly through a return SMS.
When an individual is offline and they are willing to book a taxi by SMS, they will have to select the option named Book via SMS from the OLA app. After that the app will provide an option named “Know My Location” to the individual. An individual will have to tap on that option so that a SMS will be sent to the server to locate cabs around them. But the important fact to be mentioned here is that the individuals will only need to tap the option named Know My Location for the first few times they are booking a Cab online. From later on, the app will directly take them to the messaging screen.
A driver will also receive the customer details and the GPS triangulated location of the user and thus they will be able to pick the user from their location.
India is a developing country and day by day it is digitalizing with several useful projects. The main infrastructural challenge for India is connectivity and thus innovative technologies like OLA Offline Feature is needed to help filling up the gap.
OLA service may always be available to an individual but a working internet connection may not. Thus this OLA offline feature will help an individual even if internet isn’t working. Thus OLA is very important to India and the citizens of India and this feature will also increase mobility.
Summary of OLA Offline Feature
|Feature Name||OLA Offline Feature|
|Introduced On||June, 2016|
|Launched & Managed By||OLA|
|Based On||SMS Service|
|Main Feature||Booking cabs without internet connection|
|Special Feature||GPS Service|
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016