Book Mumbai Local Train Season Ticket Online
Don’t you think it is always an ugly experience to stand in long queues just to get local train season ticket? Well, people of Mumbai are not alone. People all over India need to go through this tormenting experience on a daily basis. Luckily for Mumbai citizens, things have been made easy by the government. Now, people can ditch the long queues and book Mumbai local train season ticket online. As a matter of fact, the citizens of Mumbai can now book unreserved railway ticket while they are on the move. Suresh Prabhu, the Minister of Indian Railway has unveiled a new mobile app which will allow user to book railway tickets from wherever they want. All they will need is a smartphone with data connection. This app was launched formally from Dadar station by the honorable minister on 26th of December in year 2014.
This mobile app, which is available only for Android-enabled and Windows Phone OS-enabled smartphones, works in conjunction with an online wallet known as the R-Wallet.
Here is step-by-step guide on how the whole thing works:
- Download and install the UTS mobile app on your smartphone from respective stores.
- Register your mobile number with the app. This is pretty simple. Enter your mobile number, provide your name and select the city. Then select one of the ID card types you have and issued by government. Enter the card number. Tap on the terms and conditions checkbox and then tap on Generate OTP.
- The generate OTP is mandatory for completion of the registration process. In fact, this OTP will work as a temporary password for login purpose. Every time a user wants to login, he or she will receive an OTP which will act as the password while the phone number will act as the user ID.
- The app comes integrated with the R-Wallet. You need have ample balance in your wallet to use the app.
- Physical counters of UTS have been installed at different stations. All you have to do is to walk up to a counter in a station and ask for R-Wallet refill. The counter attendant will walk you through the process and you need to pay. Once paid, your R-Wallet will be refilled.
- In case you want to avoid that physical trouble, head for this link and recharge your R-Wallet online.
- If you have sufficient balance in your wallet, select either Quick Booking or Normal Booking.
- Once the proper option is chosen, you will be asked to enter the point of boarding and the destination. Different station codes are already integrated into the app.
- Once you have the station details, you need select your travel class. Only two options are available – first class or second class.
- After you select the class, you need to move ahead and pay using your R-Wallet.
- After a successful payment, you will receive a message on your mobile which will have the details on your ticket and instructions on how to print the ticket using Automated Ticket Vending Machines or ATVM.
- ATVMs have been installed at several stations but not all stations have been covered. Be patient. All stations will be eventually covered. Once you are in front of an ATVM, enter your mobile number and the ticket booking ID and the ticket will be printed and given to you by the machine.
On the bright side
There will be no more standing in queues for ticket purchase. Also, there will be no time wastage for balance collection from counters. You can book the ticket on the go and get a print quickly from the ticket vending machines.
On the dark side
You may still need to stand in queues in front of ATVMs for getting the printed tickets. Some users may be little panicky about the details provided by them to the ATVMs and they will always cross-check and double-check. This will kill quite some time. Good thing however is that even the soft copy of the ticket is acceptable and can be shown to the TTE (Traveling Ticket Examiner) when asked for.
The UTS mobile app has following unique features:
- Users can cancel a ticket using the app.
- Users can quickly manage their train routes that they frequently use.
- Users can find really important details like trains operating between stations, live news about stations, finding train schedules, find details of trains that have been diverted, find details of rescheduled trains and more!
If you take a quick look at app stores, you will find no shortage of stupid and useless apps that make no sense. Unlike them, the UTS mobile app is a no-nonsense app that saves us time, helps us manage our daily lives in a far better way. This app is a brainchild of Centre for Railway Information Systems and allows booking of only and only unreserved tickets. As mentioned earlier, the app is currently serving only Android and Window Phone users. So, if you are a BlackBerry user or if you happen to be an Apple user, you will have to wait for some time. How long? Sorry! We have no idea.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016