Today we are going to discuss onweb hosting and will compare Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs dreamhost Vs Godaddy. Hosting is basically a server where all the website data is placed. When it comes to web hosting, we are often confused. The primary parameter that we base on choosing a good web hosting company is the price and rest everything takes the back seat. However, there are several other factors that decide which hosting company is the best for your web presence. In fact, web hosting should not be a standard package for you, but a custom made service that suits your specific needs.
In this article, we would do an extensive comparison that would help you choose from the leading web hosting companies, i.e. Bluehost, Hostgator, dreamhost and godaddy.
Starting a website is simple and fun; however, there are lots of aspects attached to a website before it finally gets launched online. One of the key aspects is hosting. The quality and strength of hosting would decide the success of a website in long run. Below are some key challenges that you will face while searching for hosting
- If you search online, you would find plenty of web hosting companies like bluehost or Dreamhost or hostgator etc, out of which, few are actually too good
- On the other hand, the reality is that every company you would talk to would offer you the same services and it would be quite challenging for you to understand which one is real and which one is fake
- The only time you would really come to know about their quality of service is when you would sign up and pay for the subscription
- There could be a number of issues that you may start facing right from the very first day. This is why you need to be extra cautious while choosing a webhosting provider.
In the comparison below, we have tried to take Hostgator Baby Plan as the benchmark for comparison due to the fact that it offers unlimited domain hosting. On the other hand, only one shared hosting plan is offered by Dreamhost. This way, we would draw comparisons between the three leading hosting providers and help you conclude which out of these could be the best one for your website.
In particular, if you are running a WordPress blog, we would recommend Bluehost that would be best suited for this purpose. WordPress officially suggests you Bluehost as their preferred hosting provider. As a matter fact, WordPress consumes memory intensive software or you can say that it is simply a memory blog. This aspect is quite crucial while choosing your hosting provider.
On the other hand, Dreamhost works well when you require a minimum budget hosting. To understand the features of these three hosting providers better, the below mentioned table would be helpful.
Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost Vs Godaddy Comparision Chart
|Free Domain||1 free domain||1 free primary domain + renew||1 free domain||1 free domain|
|Free blog Migration||No||Yes||No||No|
|Free Adwords Credit||$100||$100||$75||$100|
|Payment option||Credit card/Paypal||Paypal/Credit card||Credit Card/Check||Credit Card/Check|
|Support quality||4 out of 5||4.5/5 (Live chat wait time is longer)||4 out of 5||3.5 out of 5|
|Discount coupon||Added in the link below||MYHOSTGATOR30(30% off)||AHC50 (Get 50 dollars off)||No code available|
|Link||Sign up: Bluehost||Sign up: Hostgator||Sign up: Dreamhost||Godaddy.com|
Going by the above table, we would say that if you are a starter and want to start your website or blog and do not want to go for a costly and extensive hosting plan, Dreamhost would best suit your needs. One year hosting and a domain name free of cost would be sufficient for you to start with. However, make sure that you understand that Dreamhost is only convenient when you have a low traffic on your website.
For those who are going with their serious websites should prefer Bluehost since it offers high end servers and excellent server quality. If you are signing up for Bluehost, you can avail a number of discount options through coupons available on various websites.
One of better things with Bluehost is that they offer pretty good telephone support and you can rest assured that you issues would be well taken care of by the executives. Bluehost and Hostgator offers free of cost telephone support, which you would not get in Dreamhost. They charge for the calls you make to them.
Moreover, live chat is something we all like to use and it often convenient for us. Both Hostgator and Bluehost offer live technical chat-support and the services are fine.
Special Features of Dreamhost Hosting
- One of the most prominent features of Dreamhost is that they offer quite affordable hosting packages
- It offers excellent value in the price they charge for. They always strive to minimize the cost of hosting and meet up the quality at higher ends.So let’s assume that you are a start up and are looking for a web presence, good enough to go. Dreamhost in that case would be a great choice since the money you would spend on this would not weight heavy on your pocket and you would still get comparable services, sufficient to start a world class web presence.
- If you are looking for a hosting provider that would match up the perfect balance between the prices you pay and the services you receive, Dreamhost is the best place to be
- One thing that is noteworthy here that Dreamhost is best suited for those users who have a firsthand experience in website administration. You should be sufficiently savvy enough to build and manage your own website and be able to run the tools for yourself.
- Dreamhost offers a number of security features and a range of domain management tools. Apart from this, it gives you the option of money back guarantee. It has a good VPS offering and offers unlimited data transfers throughout the month.
- Dreamhost has a plethora of options that could help you meet up your business as well as personal web hosting needs
- It offers unlimited disk storage along with email accounts and domain names. Even if you have a decently trafficked website, Dreamhost would be good to go with its Virtual Private Server (VPS).
Features of Bluehost Hosting
- Bluehost is actually one of the most reputable and oldest hosting providers on internet
- Bluehost offers a wide variety of pricing offers and that is regular on their website
- Bluehost’s old single plans is known as ‘Plus’ and is one of the cheaper and starter plans available on internet.
- If you are looking for a plan that is cheaper in long run, Bluehost would best suit your requirements. It is always a better deal in whatever prices you pay for the plans. Bluehost on the other is a little costlier than most of providers like GoDaddy, etc. But if you are looking forward to a 5 year or more plan, it would turn out to be cost effective for you.
- The backend of Bluehost is known as cPanel and it’s actually quite good enough to be called as an industry standard. Its super user friendly and things are pretty self-explanatory. The backend of Bluehost is quite polished and less cluttered.
- Bluehost offers a deep knowledgebase and FAQs and they actually boast of it, which is way higher than Hostgator or Dreamhost. If you call Bluehost support, the standard waiting time would not be more than 3 seconds and that’s something we all look forward to.
Features and Support at Hostgator Hosting
- Hostgator too boasts of a great customer support and are actually available all hours of every day
- You can contact them through phone, live chat and email
- One of the best things about Hostgator support is that they do not outsource their customer support, going by what they claim.
- Their site builders and flash templates are easy-to-use and they guarantee 99.9 per cent server uptime
- If you have subscribed for Hostgator, you would get a default 45 day trial money back period during which if you find that the services are not meeting your expectation, and then you can opt out of the plan.
You all would have also heard of Godaddy but it not recommended for hosting and has lot of drawbacks. Check below details for comparision between Bluehost vs hostgator vs dreamhost vs godaddy.
Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost Vs Godaddy Technical comparision
We taking hostgator Vs Godaddy but bluehost and dreamhost are almost same as hostgator in terms of speed and response time.
- In terms of Speed Test
Speed is quite important when we are comparing hosting services. As per user experience, Hostgator is super fast as compared to GoDaddy. GoDaddy websites take almost twice the time than what Hostgator websites take. Bluehost and Dreamhost are also superfast.
- In terms of Response Time
Going by various performance test carried on several blogs hosted on these two providers, we can conclude that the overall response time of Hostgator is much better that those sites that are hosted on GoDaddy. Without any doubts Hostgator, bluehost and dreamhost is much better than GoDaddy in terms of response time.
- In terms of Benchmark Test
As a matter of experience and fact, Hostgator has a better page speed score and a better response time. In one of the tests performed, Hostgator was able to load in just 1.68 seconds. On the other hand, GoDaddy too more than 4.5 seconds in order to load. This way, the loading time is almost three times higher in case of GoDaddy.
- In terms of Control Panel Usability
One of the most used and easy control panels is cPanel, which is used by Hostgator. In fact it is so easy that you would not need a geek to tell you where to figure out what. It comes with everything you need. User friendly interface is liked by everyone and that is one reason why control panel at Hostgator becomes much more convenient than that at GoDaddy.
GoDaddy has its own custom control panel, which is not as user friendly as cPanel. Although, it does tries to match up with cPanel, but the comparison is not at par.
- In terms of Customer Support and Reliability
What is the most important aspect of any business? It is none other than customer support. The success and failure of any service is largely dependent on the customer service it provides. The better is customer service, reliability simply follows. One of the key aspects of Hostgator is that their customer service is simply above par. They are available and helpful anytime and every time you need.
Hostgator is better in terms of ticketing system. If you do not wish to call them, you can simply tell them about the issue you are facing through email, and you would get a prompt and satisfactory response in no time.
The customer support at GoDaddy too is better; however the response and resolution time is a little slow here. If you call them, you need to be patient as the call waiting time could be really high. Moreover, the executives at GoDaddy are probably outsourced since they carry a high degree of heavy accent, which is certainly a non-native English accent.
- In terms of Plan and Pricing
Hostgator offers three broad plans, namely business plan, baby plan and hatchling plan. The most basic plan among them is hatchling plan, followed by the baby plan and business plan is the costliest with high end services.
To sum it up, we have discussed three main players of hosting industry here. All are good and relevant in their own way, with you being the decision maker as to which provider and plan would meet your specific needs.
We would say that all of these hosting providers are good in some or their other way and it is your condition and requirement that would help you actually choose between various providers. If you are a start up, you would have your requirements quite different from those who are in their serious phase of website management. The choice is finally yours but if you need any consultation around then we can provide it for free. Just comment us and let us know your requirement and we will try to help you out